Pokemon Go

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Calliers, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Calliers

Calliers HH's MC Staff Member

Ok, so I've been playing Pokemon Go literally the entire day for the last 3 days and have gotten to the point where I can bring down a whole level 7 or 8 or maybe even 10 (which is the highest level) gym entirely by myself, which is quite a feat considering it takes a team of friends to do it usually, I can hit about 80% of gyms and beat it with my strongest pokemon (a Vapereon) and considering you have a line up of 6 pokemon that is quite impressive. There is a gym about a block away from me and I think I'll be taking it every night just for shits and giggles, but I doubt it will survive the night with just me defending it. Although other people in my team (team instinct or team yellow if you wanna talk colors) can add pokemon to it and train there.

What people do is drive around in the whee hours of the night and take over gyms, the more you hold the more you collect after a period I think. (correct me if I'm wrong I've only been playing for three days) Me and a friend of mine and another guy in team instinct brought down a gym today but we lost it within 30 mins lol. My pokemon was able to beat the final one in the gym even if it was like a lot higher combat power/level than mine because my pokemon is pretty op. :)

For anyone considering whether or not they should start playing it I say go for it, I am socializing a hell of a lot more since I started playing it and it is fun to go out there and talk to people that are like minded, you know that most of the people playing like video games so you already have something in common to begin with.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    Dyre Straits likes this.
  2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Fixed it for ya...

QB71 likes this.
  3. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

that's offensive to drones tyrsonswood

4. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

I'm already tired of it. There's just not enough depth in the game. Í'm all back to Ingress again, a much deeper and more challenging game.

5. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids and 1 Great-grandson!

I've been playing since...maybe a week or so after it hit the US. I have ten grandkids and, in just a few hours, four of them and myself will be spending the afternoon going Pokemon hunting and, we'll see how well they are doing. I know my 14-year old grandson will be quite with it.

I made Level 15 last night and we have several locations where one can walk around in a downtown area and hit several stops and maybe a couple of gyms. The one of the city squares has/or had a group providing free water bottles to those playing. And, I haven't heard of any of the shops complaining of the business being generated for them. ;)

And, yes, I'm one of those walking about in the wee hours of the morning playing. :D

6. Calliers

4 days, level 20, almost 21, you have to play smart, not hard. Highest cp pokemon is a Vaporeon at 1703 right now.

Word of advice, do NOT spend any of your stardust till at LEAST level 20. At least, preferably at level 25 though.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2016
  7. Calliers

Got a Jolteon two days ago, now all I need is a Flareon and my Evee collection will be complete. :)

8. Dyre Straits

I took over my first Gym a while ago. The Prestige Level is set at 8000 now. ;) I'm at Level 16 and haven't even used a Lucky Egg or done much Evolving much at all.

9. Calliers

When you are ready to evolve pop a lucky egg first.

Dyre Straits likes this.
  10. Dyre Straits

Done...and I have more where that came from. :)

11. Calliers

Yeah I got 18 lucky eggs. :)

I caved and bought some.

Dyre Straits likes this.
  12. Cow_160483

Cow_160483 HH's only cow moooooo...

lol you lucky monkey , I wish it was available here in Bots... we are so behind the curve :(

13. Calliers

Well hopefully they'll launch it there soon.

14. Dyre Straits

I haven't spent anything but time so far. :D

15. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

You can start to play Ingress, that way you'll learn where the pokestops and gyms are beforehand. :)

Cow_160483 likes this.
  16. Calliers

Caught a Scyther and a high level Ominite today, as well as a high level Evee that will make a fine Flareon. :)

17. Judas

after a few people asking questions about wtf pokemon go was about.... i tried to get the game via google play store but unfortunately yet again.... google play is a pile of shit and frequently detects products that should and do work as "unsupported/not compatible". Suffice it to say, I've hopefully snagged it from a safe site as a manual download/install and it seems to be working...

Obviously the first time you create your character, they throw 3 of the primary pokemon at you to catch one... once caught it's onto the public races... which leads to this:

[​IMG]

nothing for miles and miles and miles...

PS: Apparently out of all the players out there, you cannot have a name already taken.... after fucking around trying to use multiple different names which some i was rather kinda surprised that someone was using... but hey 150,000,000 people playing the game if not significantly more.... i'm not ALL that surprised.... i just started slapping shit in there in various forms and this name landed.

18. Calliers

You're definitely going to have to drive into Stoon to play for sure.

19. Judas

i don't really have a vested interest in playing.... i just like to know as much as i can or need to.

20. Dyre Straits

Our downtown Woodstock, GA is a boon for Pokestops, and couple of gyms and hordes of Pokemon.

I'm over halfway from LvL 17 to 18 and just got a medal for catching 500 Pokemon to date. I can also take over the downtown gym rather quickly at the wee hours of the morning that I play there.