Post installation problem w/ GeForce4 MX 440 and Omega Drivers 2.169.21

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by Kulkaled, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Kulkaled

Kulkaled New Member

Greetings, this is my first post.

Thanks for the amazing community support with this Forum and the OmegaDriver site, its way better than anything I've seen out there...

I have installed the nVidia Omega Drivers 2.169.21. It installed succesfully; but when I rebooted, according to the OS, the display adapter (VGA Compatible) was not installed. I checked my chipset and according to Dell I have the lastest version.

Here is my system Info:
    -Dell Dimension 4300
    -GeForce MX 440
    -Windows XP Pro

Any help would be extremly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Kulkaled

Last edited: Sep 13, 2008
  2. Nanook

Nanook New Member

Go to the archives and get version 1.6693. As near as I can tell, the Geforce4 MX440 is not supported in the 2.x series. All of the messages I can find from people for whom this worked are using 1.6693 and they did work for me.

However, not entirely trouble free. With the Nvidia drivers, any version I tried, there are stability and/or performance issues, the occasional bluescreen with paging in an unpaged area in the nvidia display driver.

The Omega drivers eliminated the bluescreens, BUT, there is occasionally a video glitch where the whole screeen goes white or dark for a fraction of a second like the GPU is occasionally crashing and resetting.

At least the entire machine doesn't crash and it's only a momentary annoyance, but I'm still looking for a fix that works 100%. If I had money I'd buy a modern graphics card but presently that's not the case.