Post your new speedtest.net

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Robert McClelland, Mar 30, 2009.

1. Calliers

Calliers HH's Man In Black Staff Member

Judas, I implore you. Please move from the bush and into the city. This isn't League where hiding in brush will get you kills.

2. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

i can't... that isn't an option.... hasn't been i was 21... One cannot simply shirk everything for trivial conveniences...

3. Calliers

@Judas I'm sure you can sell your farm, sell your business, sell your house and come and buy an apartment here in the city. You have to remember that in this world you need to always look out for numero uno. You could even come into the city, or the burbs, buy a house and move with your parents if that's what's tying you down. Heck, bring your Cobra along with too.

4. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids, 5 boys and 5 girls!

No, the SEIKI was only a HD screen. Only a few months ago, November, I believe, I picked up a 49 inch SCEPTRE 4K from Walmart. Don't laugh! At only $378,00 I figured I'd get my money's worth if it lasted a year. :) And, that screen corruption I posted elsewhere about hasn't repeated itself after making sure I turn the screen off when I'm away for any extended length of time.

5. Dyre Straits

There are a few of us still around who would trade the hectic traffic-congested, smog-filled air of the city life with a nice comfortable living in the open air, open spaces of the rural areas of life at the drop of a hat. (BUT, only if we could still get Gigabit Internet. :) )

6. Calliers

My point exactly. :)

7. Judas

1: the farm isn't exclusively mine.... Selling farmland is beyond just being stupid... it's totally backward in every regard... you never sell land as a rule, a rule that has logical/reasonable foundations. Once you sell anything, all you have is stagnant devaluing cash on hand... where as farmland and capital assets of any kind continue to grow in value, give you unquestionable power in terms of being able to get loans/reduce interest rates of anything, buy just about anything you want/can get... at the very least if one isn't using the farmland itself, one would rent it out.

2: Selling my business isn't out of the question, it's easy to create anew.... but what it costs me to maintain my business here is 1/100th the cost of what the city would require.

3: my house isn't worth much but the property itself is, while i could easily bank a significant amount compared to the $800 dollars i paid for it in 2007... I'd be pretty stupid to sell it considering the location within town that it resides... refer to "1".

4: I'll never live in an apartment or the most idiotic thing called a "condo"... Why in the fuck do people insist on BUYING an glorified apartment... and then pay monthly "rent" anyways... this is absurd at a level that i can't seem to get a straight answer to from the people actually trying to justify the money sink. Overpriced beyond reason... trying to sell a condo is usually quite difficult for "advertised value"... usually people get sucked into buying it for a premium and are forced to sell at a loss even though they are advertised as a "house in a building that'll increase in value!".... renting out a condo is even more ludicrous... not remotely cost effective if you are honest.

Add to this... i have no tolerance for sharing walls with strangers... and they wouldn't tolerate me because i couldn't give a shit... I'm not going to significantly reduce my living quality by having to conform to the rules set in place for these kind of meat boxes. I wouldn't be able to enjoy the simplest things in life as easily.

5: What people have forgotten is that "looking out for numero uno" is that it completely neglects others... entirely.... it's a selfish perspective to have 100% of the time... so many people are going by this rule and it's ruining the community as a whole. My privacy is a matter of my own... but if that is all i did all the time... and kept a selfish inflection always while out in public.... in business.... in regards to even family..... basically this would mean that any chance to stub even family members/friends/strangers in the back for personal gain of any kind is being justified.... i despise people like this at the core... and i will have no part in it.... I find someone doing this... i not only will call them out on it.... but if they push the issue.... i'll make it a point to expose their bullshit, i don't care how menial it may be, it's all to scale... and one small thing justified tends to lead to much bigger things being justified.

6: A)Buying a house in the city is out of the question... overvalued and riddled with problems for anything worth 1/3rd of a million dollars even.
    B) At the age of 17/18 (or when a highschool diploma was received), every child in the family was to move out immediately.... I received mine june 28th.... i was moved out the 1st of july. The rule still stands, and frankly neither parent for understandable reasons.... wants a parasite living with them... nor does any honest/reasonable parent want to be a parasite on their own child. Add to this... my father would rather die a most horrible torturous death than be anywhere near a city... in close to 10 years, he hadn't even made a trip to the city... if he didn't have to go.. he didn't... and that's perfectly ok. It fully intends to die on the farm, he would prefer to go while doing some work or activity that he typically would be doing/enjoying, be it hard work or whatever (his only hope is that while driving a 400hp 4 wheel drive, that he's able to stop it before he passes in order to save anyone else from danger).
    My mother on the other hand... well that's entirely different story that requires a book in on itself to remotely try to explain.

7: The cobra is not mine... it is my mothers.... i simply maintain it when i can afford to, and it needs 1000's of dollar worth of work to make it a suitable daily driver... it will not be sold.... nor will the other vehicles or other property that has any history with us.

8. Dyre Straits

Here is another speedtest using one I've never used previously. And, this one is doing the test from Atlanta, GA to a server in Dallas, TX.

FrontierSpeedTest-Atl-DallasTX.JPG

Calliers likes this.
  9. Calliers

I'm so bloomin' jelly.

Dyre Straits likes this.
  10. Erroneus

Erroneus Get off my lawn!

New house, new connection.

[​IMG]

Not to found of this ISP, but it works. Might upgrade to 300mbit.

11. Dyre Straits

[​IMG]
    Just now....

Calliers likes this.
  12. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

13. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

14. Dyre Straits

Robert, your test is using both the IPV4 protocol and the IPV6 protocol to do this test. IPV4 is the older protocol. The newer, IPV6, can access 128-bit Internet addresses.

15. Calliers

16. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

17. Calliers

18. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

This should be a nice upgrade over my old 10/1Mbps ADSL. ;)

[​IMG]

19. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

hmm, my up is usually faster than that. no wonder that vid earlier took a while.

[​IMG]

20. Judas

Should really look at http://sourceforge.net/speedtest/

It's a FAR better metric for testing connections... not necessarily for speed... but to actually see what kind of quality you may actually have... as it includes information about some fundamentally far more critical stuff. Like jitter, gaud damn does jitter make a massive difference if you play games... any kind of bad jitter and playing time constrained one such as lets say fps like overwatch... you're going to have a bad time.

Cow_160483 and Calliers like this.