Problem with ATI 3D Control Panel (Omega drivers)

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by bigtymer06, Jan 19, 2006.

1. bigtymer06

bigtymer06 New Member

Been having a lot of trouble with my graphics drivers, decided to install the latest Omega Catalyst drivers... Install went OK, however the SmartGart was not initializing properly, and everything would freeze within a minute or two of bootup. After a few restarts, SmartGart kicked in and everything seemed to be responding nicely. The problem is, whenever I open up my ATI 3D Control panel, it doesn't have all of the normal options; it only has 5 tabs:

General, Adapter, Monitor, Troubleshoot, Color Management

Is there any way to fix the control panel without having to reinstall the drivers? I would just reinstall but it usually takes a few restarts to get the SmartGart to recognize the new settings and it is very hit or miss.

Thanks for your help.
  2. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 9 Count 'em, 9 Grandkids!

Greetings and welcome to DriverHeaven!

First of all, did you completely uninstall the previous set of drivers? That would include the ATi CCC. Since you're having problems, it would be wise to use the DriverCleaner found on this site:

http://www.drivercleaner.net/

Corrupted installations could be what's causing SmartGart to foul up and you need to make sure all the other drivers are wiped clean from your system.

It would also be nice if you'd post the rest of your system specs.

Once you do clean out everything, reboot, let Windows redetect the card and do its thing with installing the 'default' drivers. Then, install Omega's again.

Good luck!