1. The Dark Forum Skin... It's ALIVE!!!!!

Problem with Radeon Mobility 9000/9100 IGP + Windows 7 + Catalyst 8.12 driver package

Discussion in 'Mobility Modder Discussion' started by mcdonamw, Jan 16, 2009.

1. mcdonamw

mcdonamw New Member

I may be reaching for the stars but I was hoping the Mobility Modifier would help my issue.

I'm trying to install graphics drivers for my Mobility 9000/9100 IGP after I installed Windows 7 Beta.

I ran the modifier and it modified the drivers. When I run the installer it now sees the driver as an option to install. However, when I try to install the install fails with the below errors... does anyone have an idea if this is fixable?

TIA
    McDonaMW

------------------------------------
    ATI Display DriverFinal Status: Fail
    Version of Item: 8.561.0.0000
    Size: 90 Mbytes
    Catalyst RegistrationFinal Status: Success
    Version of Item: 2.01.0000
    Size: 1 Mbytes
    Other detected devices
    RADEON 9000 IGP
    Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc
    Device ID 0x5831
    Vendor ID 0x1002
    Class Code 0x060000
    Revision ID 0x02
    Subsystem ID 0xff00
    Subsystem vendor ID 0x1179
    ATI Integrated SMBus Support
    Device ID 0x4353
    Vendor ID 0x1002
    Class Code 0x0c0500
    Revision ID 0x1a
    Subsystem ID 0xff00
    Device ID 0x4349
    Vendor ID 0x1002
    Class Code 0x01018a
    Revision ID 0x00
    Subsystem ID 0xff00
    Device ID 0x434d
    Vendor ID 0x1002
    Class Code 0x070300
    Revision ID 0x01
    Subsystem ID 0x0001
    Error messages
    Driver Install: the specified driver package was not installed for matching devices
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  2. mbching

mbching New Member

Re: Problem with Radeon Mobility 9000/9100 IGP + Windows 7 + Catalyst 8.12 driver pac

hi there, maybe u could try catalyst 6.11 instead.
  3. mcdonamw

mcdonamw New Member

Re: Problem with Radeon Mobility 9000/9100 IGP + Windows 7 + Catalyst 8.12 driver pac

Unfortunately that doesn't work. The 6.11 version is not Vista compatible (only XP/2000) so it won't even attempt to install, even after DH Modification.

I went back to the earliest vista compatible version of the Catalyst drivers and they didn't work either.

I guess I'm screwed. I really want Windows 7 on my laptop :(.
  4. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

your GPU is no longer supported by drivers, sorry man....

its not going to be easy at all to get any drivers on your system...
  5. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

neither vista OR win 7 will be able to use that GPU

your only solution right now is to manually install the ATI 9000 series driver
  6. mcdonamw

mcdonamw New Member

Would you have any insight as to how I could do that?
  7. Judas

if your display adapter is showing up as standard vga and want to at least have higher resolution or widescreen resolution you must manually select the ati radeon 9000 series driver from a list of hardware.

Essentially you go into the device manager, select the display adapter, right click on it, update driver, manually install (browse computer), then select "let me pick from a list of devices" or similare. You will likely have to uncheck "show capatible hardware" to bring up a full list.

From there, pick ati and then scroll until you find ATI RADEON 9000 series

This was for win vista..... from what i can see.. this option is not available in windows 7 at all. you may have to see if you can get someone to scrounge up the vista driver and somehow transfer it to win7.
    Mac Daddy likes this.
  8. mcdonamw

mcdonamw New Member

Yeah I've already tried that as that was the first bit of information I found in my research before posting to this thread. Windows 7 does not have that driver listed.

Here's the interesting thing though. (not sure I posted above or onto another thread as I have a couple in diff places), but the Windows Update catalog indeed has two WDDM drivers for Windows 7 client for the ATI Mobility Radeon 9000. The problem is when I attempt to install it using the update driver -> have disk method, I get an error citing there is no updated driver available, or driver not suited for my device.

After inspection I show that driver is meant for hardware that has the hardware IDs of: pci\ven_1002&dev_4c66 or pci\ven_1002&dev_4c6e

It turns out my hardware ID is: pci\ven_1002&dev_5831.

The other WDDM drivers (say for XP) mention device ID 4c66 as well. I think mine being an IGP (integrated) model makes it just different enough to not offer support thus putting the onus on the manufacturer of my MB (Toshiba) who doesn't make anything past XP.

I think ultimately I'm out of luck :(.
  9. CSX321

CSX321 New Member

I just installed on a spare drive for my Dell 600m today. I was able to install the Radeon Mobility 9000 driver through Windows Update, but it has some kind of problem. With that driver installed, the machine freezes and requires a hard reset if I try to run Windows Experience Index or play video. Both of those work fine with the Generic VGA driver, although the video is choppy and the machine only rates a 1.0 on the index, of course.

My 600m has the 9000 chip and 64MB of video memory, 2GHz Pentium M, 2GB RAM. No problems other than this so far. I sure would like to be able to run Windows 7 on this, because I like what I see so far.
  10. Judas

i'm really sorry but likely the problem is related to either heat or something else with the windows update supplied driver.

the 9000 was never intended for windows vista and definitely not win7
  11. CSX321

CSX321 New Member

Hmm...guess I should have read the Release Notes for the beta:
    http://download.microsoft.com/download/F/D/B/FDBFC5A5-51CD-4C8D-9F18-7BCC3810498E/Windows%207%20Beta%20Release%20Notes.htm#ID0EVCAC
    Also, I read at another site that you can go to the Display properties/Adjust resolution/Advanced settings/Troubleshooting/Settings (I think that's right) and move the slider to the middle (disable all 3D acceleration), and it will at least prevent the XDDM driver from locking up. That's what I'm running now. Video at least plays, although it's still a little choppy sometimes.
  12. awu

awu New Member

Hi,
    I installed Win7 on a clean partition, yesterday. The driver installed by default was System VGA off course. After that I installed drivers from factory CD sold with the PC (or MB). During setup the system warned me once or twice, that the driver was not intended for the OS. After the fail the OS asked me if I wanted to installed the driver with "suggested settings" or so. I clicked that and that's it! In fact this is very old XDDM driver, there's no Aero and it freezes during WEI procedure (usually Media Coding section) but I can play video and there is Direct3D acceleration enabled (you should remember this is only DX 8.1 chipset).

The important thing is off course the proper installation of your AGP GART instead of installed defaultly PCI-to-PCI bridge.

To sum this up: I must say that the installation process of Windows 7 on my five-years-old Pundit-R with IGP9100 was much more easy than on Vista.

I wish this help you.
  13. kman225

kman225 New Member

man I hate these errors... hardware conflict is a bit harder to fix than other things.
  14. CSX321

CSX321 New Member

FWIW, I have found an older driver that works great with the Win7 RC on my Dell 600m. Details here:
    ATI 9250 PCI video card problem - Windows 7 Forums
    I grabbed the 6.14 version that is mentioned, and it works beautifully with my 64MB Mobility Radeon 9000! No Aero, of course, but everything I've tried works great. The sample video is perfectly smooth, and it bumped up my Windows Experience Index for Graphics from 1.0 to 1.9.
  15. shakeyplace

shakeyplace New Member

Hey just passing through, but if that is true, then just open the driver files, open the inf file that has the support for that device, wait a minute, I searched the catalog and find no such driver, If you can provide me with a link, I can certainly help mod the driver to your card...
  16. lin.franco

lin.franco New Member

To manual install the ATi Mobility Radeon 9000 drvier for windows 7

http://www.badongo.com/cn/file/15291061
  17. glen4cindy

glen4cindy New Member

18. glen4cindy

glen4cindy New Member

Just did this. The driver I used was:

Vista_ATI_Radeon_XDDM_6.14.10.6606

Now, I have 1440 x 900!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to THIS board. EVERYONE else said it was impossible! NOT so!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  19. Splasher

Splasher New Member

AW: Problem with Radeon Mobility 9000/9100 IGP + Windows 7 + Catalyst 8.12 driver pac

the download isn't availible?

I need also win7 driver for my raedon9000

at my win7 there are a lot of driver for raedon-cards, but no 9000 :-(

So if possible, please reup the driver

thx

edit: aahhh sry download still working ^^
    Last edited: Aug 15, 2009
  20. hellbringer82

hellbringer82 New Member

I'm sorry for kicking this old thread but i recently had the same problem, and finally found this solution, thnx guys!
    I found the download site a bit 'tricky' (and I see i'm not the only one) but was able to download the file eventually so I made a few 'mirrors' of this file:

2Shared:
    http://www.2shared.com/file/8002185/b7fad7b/ATi_Mobility_Radeon_9000_Driver_for_Windows_7.html

Megaupload:
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7L6IS51M

Easy-Share:
    http://www.easy-share.com/1907880178/ATi_Mobility_Radeon_9000_Driver_for_Windows_7.rar

Megafileupload:
    http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/137757/ATi-Mobility-Radeon-9000-Driver-for-Windows-7-rar.html

(just in case one gets deleted) :lol: