PS4 System Software Update 5.55

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by MIG-31, May 17, 2018.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

An update to the system software for PlayStation 4 systems was released on 17 May 2018. You can use this to update your system software to version 5.55.

Always update your PS4 system to the latest version of the system software. By updating, you can enjoy additional features, improved usability and enhanced security.

Untitled.png
    The new update’s file size is about 460 MB which is larger than usual, but it’s not a huge download by any means. Keep in mind that the update will not improve performance of any games in any way whatsoever, and only affects the performance of the system itself.

2. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

Well, after installing this firmware about an hour ago I had to 2 things:

A) once it were installed and when it went into the final reboot my ps4 pro failed to switch on and my tv failed to detect a signal.. Left it about half an hour and I ended up doing a hard reset... it went into a HDD test mode then eventually booted up.. 5.55 were installed..

B) I also had to go through all the Privacy checks also (Done this about 3 maybe 4 times recently) that has only been prompted from the last 2 or 3 updates..