(Q) Xfi MB 3 With Xonar D2 Pm pci Card Audio Issues

Discussion in 'PAX Drivers' started by DigiJedi, Jun 15, 2014.

1. DigiJedi

DigiJedi Member

Hi there, i managed to get the xfi mb 3 software to work but it has massive audio distortion, at all different audio freqs from 16 bit 44.1khz to 24 bit 48khz, i have tried everything i could think of but i cant get rid of the distortion and also the creative cinema app says that it can't find a compatible audio device or something like that, can anyone give me advice on how to get rid of the distortion.

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

sorry if I miss this thread. Sound like faulty sound card is under warranty try get replace if not grab refurb z series card for 65 bucks off from amazon love mine no issue.

3. DigiJedi

DigiJedi Member

Thanks for your reply, my sound card is fine , it only starts having issues with sound when I try to use the creative software.

4. ep30rpg

ep30rpg New Member

sorry to bring this old thread back from the dead but the creative sb cinema software does not and will never recognize any xonar sound cards, regardless of using official non-modded or modded drivers. sb cinema is only limited to recognizing or supporting certain onboard realtek hd or via hd audio chips, so don't bother using the creative SBCinema program. as for the creative x-fi mb3 software, an updated version was released in late August 2015 on the creative web site that added win10 support and contains some bug fixes that may include a fix for the audio distortion problem.