Discussion in 'Industry News' started by Danhill, Sep 14, 2004.
Six pictures from the upcoming Quake IV.
See them here: Gengamers
The only thing I can say is WOW :drool:
I'm not to sure what to think yet...
I'll keep my fingers crossed for a better Quake feel to it than Doom3 had.
^"Hi, I'm the doom guy, I've decided I like Quake better"^
That's Quake 4? It looks so different than before. I mean it was just kill everything before, but now it looks like the game has some story. I'm not sure if that's good or bad mind you.
You reffering to Quake 1 or Quake 3 .... the later being the KILL everything...
The following is a quote from this news posted in Dh;http://www.driverheaven.net/showthread.php?t=55899
- Quake 4 is a direct sequel to Quake 2, takes place just hours after the event of that game. - During most of the game, you are fighting with other marines, however there will be solo missions.
- Some missions take place inside, others outside. You'll get to use vehicles at times.
- You're part of a military campaign attacking the Strogg homeworld.
- Returning weapons so far: blaster, machine gun, nailgun, shotgun.
- Multiplayer: "The multiplayer experience is more akin to Quake III: Arena", no vehicles.
- "With Doom 3 it was horror. With Quake IV, it's war."
Btw these pictures are probably scans of the Pcgamer issue.
I was referring to 3, I actually never played 1 or 2.
i agree. they don't look like a screen shot at all.
you should.. they are quite interesting... puzzles as all
3 wasn't any good story wise..it was 'arena'...it was a direct response to unreal and thus had just as much(of a lack) of a story line.
but i must say quake 4 had damnw ell better support more multiplayer then doom 3...if 4vs4 is the max i willd rive down to texas and beat carmack with his own work
Since it's based on the Doom 3 engine it looks like... well... Doom 3... but it has that 'look' about it from Quake I and II. I trust Raven though in making a good product and I can't wait to play it. I like the fact that there's a single player component again like the original Quake I and II games.
Cool beans, I really enjoy getting my butt kicked in Quake 3...woo hoo
For some reason I suck at Q3A as well.
But it's still fun!
When i go to the link it says the pictures ahve been removed?
they are now gone
Separate names with a comma.