Radeon HD 3650 AGP Not working w/Windows 7

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by mrjbj, Aug 30, 2009.

1. mrjbj

mrjbj New Member

Please help. I've been using my Radeon HD 3650/AGP successfully with a beta release Windows 7 for quite a while now. I just upgraded to Windows 7 "Release to Manufacturing" (which is supposed to be the GA release), and I can't seem to get any of the ATI drivers to even notice that I have the card in my system!

I've tried the AGP hotfix and other obvious things, but no go. I'm not trying to do fancy gaming stuff, I just want the aero interface and two monitors to work.

Perhaps if I installed an older version of the Catalyst drivers, it would work? Not sure what to do at this point - any help or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

2. doc289456

doc289456 New Member

Hi, I have a similar issue with a Sapphire HD3650 card,
    Cant get the Sapphire drivers to work or the ATI drivers. With windows 7.
    Help please

3. crack1up

crack1up New Member

I had no problem installing the 9.8 hotfix on windows 7 for my HIS HD3850 AGP card.

You might try a manual driver install by going to the device manager and and doing a driver upgrade and point it to the extracted drivers usually c:\ATI\Support. Then run the driver installation again to install the Cats Control Center.

BTW, I installed windows 7 32bit, and downloaded the 9.8 hotfix drivers for Vista 32.

4. mrjbj

mrjbj New Member

Your tip did the trick! thanks. For me, the trick was to pick the SUPPORT folder when trying the manual driver update from Device Manager. I had been trying to dig down into the SUPPORT folder hierarchy to identify the particular driver I thought it needed. Just picking the parent folder and then trying from there got it to work for me.

Much appreciated.