Realtek/Soundmax Modds + SB X-fi MB 1.2

Discussion in 'PAX Drivers' started by -Alexa-, Apr 9, 2011.

1. ricky1992

ricky1992 New Member

You can try to execute GenKGA3.exe at first and then execute run.bat
    Then will work

2. aloise

aloise New Member

thx it work
    is these processes are necessary and correct:
    HKLM:Run RunDLLEntry Microsoft Corporation C:\Windows\system32\RunDLL32.exe C:\Windows\system32\AmbRunE.dll,RunDLLEntry

HKLM:Run MBCfg64 Microsoft Corporation C:\Windows\system32\RunDLL32.exe C:\Windows\system32\MBCfg64.dll,RunDLLEntry MBCfg64

HKLM:Run ARRunE Rundll32 ARRunE64.dll,RunDLLEntry

HKLM:Run RTHDVCPL Realtek Semiconductor "C:\Program Files\Realtek\Audio\HDA\RtkNGUI64.exe" -s

and i have in process manager 4 process rundll32.exe, and there is no MBCfg64

Last edited: May 22, 2014
  3. HappyXD

HappyXD New Member

Hi i cant install Sound Blaster Cinema 2-1.00.10 i open setup.exe but dont launch, this in windows 8.1, (1,2,3,4 steps are correct) sorry my English is not good.

edit: also i cant install this Sound Blaster X-Fi MB 3-1.00.04

thx

Last edited: Jun 8, 2014
  4. Anatasia

Anatasia New Member

5. Vira10

Vira10 New Member

please some one help when use 5.1 audio srs dts not working and dolby not working in both stereo&5.1

6. Dee_NA77

Dee_NA77 Member

Just got Win 7 and was wonderin... is there a link for X-Fi MB2 or mb3 (whichever is better)thats compatible with the ALC888S?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2014
  7. maxamillion

maxamillion New Member

hi thought i would resurrect an old thread. Any new drivers as of December 2014? at the moment im still on the ones with xfi mb3 and the sound cinema v2 mod combined.

8. ep30rpg

ep30rpg New Member

@ricky1992: you are missing essential Dolby V4 registry entries that allow installation of either Dolby Advanced Audio V2 or Dolby Home Theater V4 [both of which are Dolby PCEE4 programs]. Open Registry Editor (regedit.exe) and check the following registry key:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Dolby\PCEE4\StaticKeys
    And check if {8A92D74F-1332-43f6-AB72-01C0E37F1CF0},0 has a DWORD value of either 0x0000021f [543] for Dolby Advanced Audio v2 or 0x000003ff [1023] for Dolby Home Theater v4. Only Gamespirit's modded Realtek audio drivers will create those Dolby reg entries and install the Dolby PCEE4 APO DLL files (r4eea64a.dll & so on); don't know if cmhdream's modded Realtek drivers will install the Dolby PCEE4 DLL files and add those Dolby reg entries.

If those Dolby registry entries are not there or if that Dolby PCEE4 registry key does not exist, then you can't install any Dolby V4 apps.

BTW even though I arrived kinda late to this Realtek & X-FI MB stuff, X-FI MB3 software requires minimum Windows 7 to use (won't install nor run on Vista and earlier because Creative Labs said so and made it that way). X-FI MB2 needs minimum Vista SP2 to run (sorry XP users - you don't get to use MB2 and even THX Trustudio PC/Pro program as THX also requires at least Vista as I've confirmed this myself). Only the X-FI MB 1.x versions (except for the so-called X-FI MB v1.9 which actually contains X-FI MB2 stuff) will work on Windows XP.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  9. ep30rpg

ep30rpg New Member

That's because that Dell OEM version of the THX TruStudio PC software (a non-pro version) only detects certain onboard Realtek HD Audio Codecs on some Dell computers only [and obviously you're not using a Dell computer, ha!]. On the other hand, even though that file is actually pre-installed on Dell Studio XPS 8100 & 8300 desktop computers (which were supposed to have THX Trustudio support on them as I checked the tech specs on those PCs), I got it to work on a relative's Dell Inspiron 580 desktop PC using Realtek ALC3220 HD Audio Codec with the following hardware device ID:
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0887&SUBSYS_10280438
    The first time I installed THX TruStudio PC Dell version on the Inspiron 580, it required online internet activation to generate the CTLT99HB0X.dat and CTLT99HB0X.kga files and installation completed successfully.
    The non-modded stock Realtek audio drivers were usually installed through the HDXTHXD.INF file which adds proper THX support on certain Dell machines (and that specific HWID is on that list). I didn't need any X-FI MB software on there because I virtually get all the same options in THX Trustudio PC and THX worked, even though I was using plain old two stereo desktop speakers (Dell AX210 speakers to be exact) on the Inspiron 580 computer.

But on other machines that have Realtek HD Audio that I tested (like my bro's Sony VAIO laptop w/ Win7 SP1 and my dad's Toshiba laptop w/ Win8.1 both using Realtek ALC269 audio), I couldn't get THX Trustudio to run, but I did get the X-FI MB2 software to work on those machines after installing Gamespirits latest modded Realtek driver. Before installing any modded Realtek driver, disable UAC [user account control] on Vista, 7 or 8.x. I tried installing Gamespirits latest modded Realtek driver on the Toshiba laptop with Win8.1 and they appeared to install but after rebooting, the Dolby/DTS/Sonic Focus enhancements did not work. I had to remove them, then disable UAC (and disable driver signature enforcement on Win8.1) and reboot again and then re-install the modded Realtek drivers to get audio enhancement to work correctly on Win8.1.

So in short, don't bother installing THX Trustudio Pro/PC because it supports fewer HD Audio Codecs than X-FI MB (even with any modded Realtek driver and the proper CTLT99HB0X.kga file to activate THX). If you got X-FI MB working on a machine (whether X-FI MB 1, 2 or 3), you don't need THX unless your PC is supposed to support it.

And for those few users who were looking for any modded Realtek audio drivers on Windows XP in this forum , forget it. You do not need any modded Realtek XP drivers (seriously!). Just install the latest stock Realtek XP driver (either 5.10.0.7111 or 5.10.0.7116) and a non-modded demo/trial version of X-FI MB 1.1 (google search for this) and use a proper license serial key to activate it online, which is the only X-FI MB version that actually works on XP. The X-FI MB2 & MB3 programs don't install nor work on XP and require modern versions of Windows.

10. Spyrus

Spyrus Member

I have gather all mods here

11. Spyrus

Spyrus Member

Try my modded driver for Soundmax might work

12. namit

namit New Member

Hi Bro! i am also using realtek 7040 modded driver which works fine in windows 7 64 bit.But when i install windows 8.1 64bit nothing will be work(dolby+dolby digital plus+ sonic).nothing will be happen when i tried to on/off these effects.Personally i like this modded version(7040) most because of dolby digital plus mode. So its my humble request to fix it so we can use it in windows 8.1.

13. namit

namit New Member

plz plz fix fix realtek 7040 i am waiting 4.anyone can help?

14. FaradisDrubo

FaradisDrubo New Member

can any one fix this Via vt 2020
    my codec was supported by X-fi MB bu asus can i upgrade it to x-fi mb 3
    pls any one help me
    HW ID:
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1106&DEV_0441&SUBSYS_104383E4&REV_1001
    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1106&DEV_0441&SUBSYS_104383E4

15. FaradisDrubo

FaradisDrubo New Member

i use X-fi Mb3 package from Cmhdream with default via driver from windows 10 X-fi mb3 seems to works with all function but only after installing SB cinema Pro 2 and also SB cinema dont open its windows it just hangs in windows 10 don't know where the problem is......
    can any tell me why i need to install Sound Blaster Cinema 2........ in order get a working SB X-Fi Mb3 ........
    any one help me......?????

16. ep30rpg

ep30rpg New Member

new Win10 compatible version of SB X-FI MB3 software from Creative posted late August 2015 (XMB3-VDWEB-2-11.exe).
    newer than what cmhdream has and also matches the new Win10 compatible X-Fi MB3 application software version (v1.00.06) from Gigabyte & Sager Notebooks

i've barely given up on these modded realtek x-fi audio mods that I decided to make my own private realtek audio mods

@FaradisDrubo: try the following from here and read the posts by Moonshinenite.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  17. om sharma

om sharma New Member

i've tried several versions of the modded realtek drivers but the best version of realtek modded driver i got was 6.0.1.7058. it activates soundMAX sonic focus, DTS master suite and Dolby HT v4. In my opinion Dolby HT v4 is simply useless. the audio which u'll get from dolby is very unrealistic. the only mod that brings the real change are Sonic focus and DTS. combined they produce an awsome listening expeirence. I'll post a sound comparison video shortly.
    currently im looking for a mod that gives me latest sonic focus enhancement. there are few guys who made a mod with a new version of sonic focus but they only work well on win7, and gives no effect when installed on win8.1..:(

18. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

19. ep30rpg

ep30rpg New Member

I think that's why I decided to do my own private personal Realtek mods (recently modded v7801) - I did get Dolby NTv4 to work on my Win7 machine on an old Intel D101GGC board with Realtek ALC861 audio [I get Dolby HTv4, DTS Surround Sensation, Sonic Focus AND SRS Premium Sound]. And Dolby HTv4 had the most significant impact on the ALC861 audio chip when enabled - looks like I had a different result with Dolby than you had, om sharma. Some Realtek audio chips can properly handle Dolby v4 while others can't.

The reason why these effects don't work in Win8.1 and Win10 is because the audio architecture was updated to support new APO resource files that conform to the new EFX, MFX & SFX audio standard (and newer Realtek APO files from Realtek audio drivers from v7083 & higher had to use the EFX/MFX/SFX standard for audio). The older APO files from (Dolby v4, DTS, SRS & Sonic Focus) no longer work correctly on Win8.1 & Win10 for newer Realtek drivers, which is why they do nothing & have no effect [unless a very old driver was used].

On my relative's Dell Inspiron 580 desktop computer, I did NOT need a modded Realtek audio driver - it supported X-FI MB2 / THX audio enhancement correctly as the driver was installed through the HDXTHXD.inf file [v7801 was used]. See following link below as proof :)

http://imgur.com/H9Iyumd

By the way, I found another new Realtek X-FI audio mod that has X-FI MB5 (from Moonshinenite) - that one works with Win7, 8.1 and 10 [no Dolby, DTS, sonic focus & SRS included]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    om sharma likes this.
  20. om sharma

om sharma New Member

can you share your modded driver v7801 :) or is there a way to support asus sonic focus?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016