Recon 3d drivers tonight :)

Discussion in 'PAX Download - Recon 3D Series' started by Robert McClelland, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

I'm testing my theory that you can used z series card with recon 3d drivers I think the driver all same for all card because all the device ids I check are in the same driver.

2. karateca

karateca New Member

thx alot robert, i test right now the new mod ;)

3. karateca

karateca New Member

work, perfect, i commend finish instalaticon i need go to device and agree manual the drivers, i dont know why dont do that automatic, thx for all.:)

4. Robert McClelland

Your welcome much improve sound? Ya you have go threw device manager then have disk only way installed them

5. guily6669

guily6669 New Member

Hello folks,

I just received this card today, "Creative Sound Blaster Recon3d Omega Wireless USB", and IT'S AWFUL, it has audible static noise, what a garbage.

Even my cheap Creative X-fi Go Pro doesn't have audible static noise (unless you use very sensitive In-Hear phones like my Sennheiser to be able to hear it).

I contacted Creative and I'm waiting for an answer about it. I want it more for the consoles and do you know if there's anyway to remove the crap static noise?

By the way, I hear a little less from my right ear, so is there a way to save that settings inside the Sound Card for the consoles? (I contacted Creative and they told me sorry blahblahblah there's no way to do that only when it's being used with a PC... Well they could have updated it's firmware to have that settings, but they don't care for the customers)...

There is some profiles that I can save in it, do you know if there's actually a setting for the Sound balance between Left\Right channel????

This is an example of a profile:
    If you know if we can put some balance setting in it, please tell me how it's called.
    Keep Cool

6. Robert McClelland

I make USB ones soon with my tweak setting see if clears it up or not

7. guily6669

guily6669 New Member

I don't think the drivers can do much, I believe it's really a very poor sound card design (because it happens outside a PC, just by powering it up you will be amazed with static noise already with nothing playing, and even while using the Dolby Digital decoding it still persists, what a rubish).

Not a single on-board sound card that I had has this much high level of static noise.

Oh and I was just testing the sound card settings now of a sudden the music start making HUGE distortion, now I can't play videos on Firefox because they got like 5x times louder and distorted, but on crap Internet Explorer it works fine (this is beyond stupid). Now it got screwed, I already reinstalled drivers and still same problem...

Will go install this on my laptop cause I'm getting pissed with Creative, this sound card is not even worth 25€ since that's what my Creative X-Fi Go Pro cost and is way better (but off course does not have the extras, neither Dolby Digital decoding :( )

I would like is some kind of way to save the volume balance setting in the profile that get's saved inside the sound card memory profiles (this is not driver related).

I need is either a volume balance setting to put in a profile and save it in the sound card memory, or a damn Firmware Hack that let me save volume balance inside the card settings for the consoles (ps3\X360) :(
    Keep Cool

8. Robert McClelland

I could try make profile tweak setting for ini see if works

9. guily6669

guily6669 New Member

Well if you find out any balance setting, please let me know.

Oh and about the firefox problem do you know anything about it?

I have seen on the internet, and in fact I'm not the only one with this problem, I have seen posts of people with same problem on the Creative Recon 3D PCI (like the one you did the custom mod on this thread).

So I'm starting to think that this is a common problem of the Recon 3D series???????

I also realized that changing from 7.1 to 2.0 with firefox watching videos on youtube it no longer make distortion, but by doing this we probably lose the virtual surround since it will convert from a 2.0 output.

Is there a creative problem report page? (I'm not talking about the support page and having to contact them).

THANKS.

10. Robert McClelland

Pm Craig he looked it up for you.