Removing AGEIA PhysX

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by IvanV, May 11, 2006.

1. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

After I uninstalled the GRAW demo, I tried to uninstall the AGEIA driver that came with it. Unfortunately, the Add/Remove procedure apparently only uninstalled the boxes demo, as I still have AGEIA icon in my Control Panel, and it says "Installed AGEIA PhysX Engines" and all else like before, except there is no tech demo. I searched my HDD for ageia and found nothing. I also erased AGEIA entries from the registry, and nothing happened. How do I remove it from my system? I was already pissed when I had to install it, now I can't get rid of it :annoyed: :x
    I'm running Win 2k Professional SP4, with all available patches.

2. gbrumle

gbrumle New Member

Getting rid of junk left over with PhysX

This is an old thread, but it is the first one that popped up on Google when I had the same problem.

PhysX left an icon in my control panel too.

I was also running Windows 2000 with SP4.

I had to go through the trouble of several regristartions to get this offical anwer. :bleh:

So here it is:

Our installer has a bug in it which does not remove those files from your pc. This will be resolved shortly but in the mean time you can go to c:\windows\system32 and remove the following files.
    PhysX.cpl
    PhysX.cpl.manifest
    PhysXLoader.dll
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

3. REGENERATION

REGENERATION New Member

Just install the latest AGEIA drivers from their website and it will appear on the Add and Remove Programs window.