Rise of the Tomb Raider announced

Discussion in 'News Discussion' started by MIG-31, Jun 9, 2014.

1. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

Read Full Story Here.

The new Lara Croft will appear again in Rise of the Tomb Raider, Crystal Dynamics revealed at the Microsoft E3 media briefing Monday.

2. Resistor

Resistor Get it Going..

Hopefully as good as the recent one!

3. Erroneus

Erroneus Get off my lawn!

Hopefully better. The last one was decent, but the puzzles and story lacked a lot, comparing it to eg. Uncharted.

4. Calliers

Calliers HH's Man In Black Staff Member

I think the best puzzles were in the Prince of Persia series, they weren't too hard and at the same time not too easy. I thoroughly enjoyed Prince of Persia and The Sands of Time more than I have ever enjoyed any Tomb Raider game. And I played the original Tomb Raider, Tomb Raider 2, Tomb Raider 3 and the next few after that. I even own the latest Tomb Raider, which I haven't finished because it never grabbed me. Maybe I just don't like Tomb Raider, oh well.

5. LeanWolf

LeanWolf alpha male

I have to agree that I enjoyed the PoP games much more than the TR series, although I never tried the last Tomb Raider, I heard the actual tomb exploration was completely optional and trivial. It's called "Tomb Raider" ffs!

6. Neshi

Neshi HH's cuddly Blue Bear

The tombs were also quite small, and the puzzles relatively straight forward.

7. croshomby

croshomby شركة تنظيف مسابح بالرياض

woooooooow good News I Love Lara Croft's personality

8. dj_stick

dj_stick Apple Fanboy?

yeah the "tombs" were the only real puzzles in the game, basically a single puzzle then reward. Unlike earlier games... I liked the character development though, hopefully the next game is more traditional

9. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Aside from being a piece of shit in the camera control department, which buggered with controls forcing you to leap to your death in the opposite direction you were just going sometimes, yes it was pretty good.

However I still can't get over how simply flawless Prince of Persia 2008 is. And it's still a fun game to roll through (and i'll add it looks incredibly good still on a 4k display... gotta love the total lack of drm too, and the fact that you can plug in an xbox control and play no hitches at all).

Really wish they'd make a damn sequel to 2008 version as the story wasn't over yet, but NOOO.... gotta start pushing out assassin creeds left and right, ubisolf turned into trailer trash and is firing em out as fast as one too.