1. The Dark Forum Skin... It's ALIVE!!!!!

SB Live working but showing missing PCI audio device

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rfxcasey, Apr 11, 2011.

1. rfxcasey

rfxcasey New Member

Hi, I've installed the Kx project sound drivers, which I love by the way, on my new Win 7 install. I have an SB Live! 5.1 Platinum and everything is working ok however there is still a Unknown PCI input device showing in my device manager. I was thinking this was because maybe the KX drivers are not officially supported by Win 7 perhaps. I have my onboard sound disabled and there is really nothing else that the missing device could be. I remember in XP there would still show a soundblaster in the device manager under the sound devices and I am wondering if its just that 7 fails to recognize it. Sound is working fine mind you but pretty annoying and unusual. And thoughts?:confused:
  2. peate

peate Active Member

That's the game port on the card. If you really need it, go to windows update.
  3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood HH's curmudgeon

Windows update may not show a driver for that with Win7, but yeah! It's the joystick port. The Vista driver should work, but if you won't be using it, don't worry about it.
  4. rfxcasey

rfxcasey New Member

Great, thanks for the info. Were could I go about getting a vista driver to work with this?
  5. Tyrsonswood

Are you really using a 15 pin joystick?
  6. Tyrsonswood

Windows dropped 15 pin joystick support back in XP, I just checked, so there is no "vista" driver (my bad, could have sworn I found one during Win7 Beta) I guess you would have to try an XP driver. If you aren't using that type of joystick, forget it. If you are, expect bad performance from it.

If you are just worried about the yellow exclamation point, disable it.
  7. Russ

Russ New Member