Show your new stuff

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Bolletje, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Finally I get to have Maria Sharapova inside me! I mean, in my house. My first ever audio book.
    [​IMG]

Calliers and niceguyrichy like this.
  2. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

that woman is an absolute fecking GODDESS

Trusteft likes this.
  3. Calliers

Calliers HH's Man In Black Staff Member

My black Metal Masters tungsten carbide ring arrived today. Not as heavy as I was expecting, which is good. It looks so good! Never seen a ring that can be sooo black yet remain sooo shiny. Also I should mention it is -very- comfortable.

Also my room mate saw it and he was like now he wants one, I offered to buy him one and he took me up on my offer. :)

This is the one he picked out:-

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 13, 2017
    Tipstaff likes this.
  4. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

Told ya it was comfortable. ;)

And about the above ring.. hope he likes it. I couldn't get used to the look of the carbon fibre inlay (I had the silver one), but the person I ended up giving the ring to loves it.

Calliers likes this.
  5. Calliers

Yeah, he's older so he likes the fact that it's gold plated. I tried to sway him towards my kinda ring, with either black and blue tungsten carbide or straight black options but he stuck to his guns. I also hope he likes it when he sees it in the metal.

I loved my black ring from the first time I laid eyes on it. :D

I'll take a picture later, right now I gotta dash for supper.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
  6. Calliers

Decided to wear it on my left middle finger instead.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 14, 2017
    Trusteft and Tipstaff like this.
  7. Tipstaff

Trying to get back into this old hobby of mine.

kyo32141gr-b_4.jpg

32141gr_main.jpg

It's a Kyosho Mini-Z 1:27 scale AWD ReadySet (it's a drift kit that comes with a radio controller, and a 1:27 scale Nissan Skyline GT-R R35 body). Also picked up the gyro mod too.

I use to race a Kyosho Mini-Z MR-015 2WD back in the day. Made some good money off of it too. Pulled it out of storage, and got that itch to get back into racing again. Only thing is that I've got a long way to go mod wise to get this drift set up to racing snuff. Plastic parts just don't cut it.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    Calliers, Trusteft and IvanV like this.
  8. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids, 5 boys and 5 girls!

OK...this is NOT new, but it IS new to me! The way I have my setup here, when I've been playing games on my 4K screen....which is actually quite exclusively...I have to continually look upward to the screen. That causes my neck to start hurting after awhile. So, where I work, they were throwing out a very nice executive, leather-upholstered stool because it had splits in the seat. After it was at the dumpster for a couple of days I asked if anyone would complain if I took it home. The guy I asked said that if anyone did, just tell them he said I could have it. So, I put it in my car and brought it home. This chair/stool is absolutely the stuff!!! I can slide my regular office chair up a bit under my desk, get into this stool and I'm sitting at eye-level with the 4K screen. I've played a couple of sessions now and it is so very nice to not have my neck and shoulder hurting after playing a few hours.

On top of this, I did a search for the brand and model of the chair they were throwing away and....GASP!!!! Model A = $2600 USD; Model B = $2800 USD!!!

There is nothing else wrong with this chair and it could EASILY be re-upholstered and last for many more years. It's a VERY HEAVY sucker, too!

This image is from online as I can't quite get a good snap of it here in my office. For those who may be curious, it's a Haworth H.E. line.

chair-task-improv-he-stool-flipper-arms-upholstered-outer-shell00011.jpg

9. Trusteft

I am sorry, did you just say you paid close to 3000 dollars for a chair?

10. Calliers

Nice, I'd throw a like your way but as you know the system is botched. :p

11. Calliers

No he got it free, the company that threw it out paid that much. :)

12. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids, 5 boys and 5 girls!

No, I got this chair completely free. It was being thrown away by the company I work with. Those prices are what it would cost from the company that made it.

13. Tipstaff

[Tipstaff Likes This]

14. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Picked up 3x of these cards for $900 CAD ($715 USD)... figured it was a good deal specially with likely sales coming this way shortly for the cards down the road.

The goal was to put 3 in the system for 3 way crossfire like i've done many times before.

I was thoroughly disapointed, as unfortunately learned that backplates are a pile of shit if you hope to put something in the slot directly above the card, and the damn shrouds are just a hair into the 3rd slot even though they should be 2 slot cards.... only on their website do they even list slot 2.2 which wasn't entirely clear to me at the time that they are larger.

Anywho... could only get 2x of the cards in the system and even with a normal card... still couldn't fit it between the 2 on this P9X79 Pro board that i built this machine with in november 2011 when the socket 2011 boards FIRST launched.

Damn this system just doesn't stop...

[​IMG]

Until vega 56 3rd party solutions arrive OR quite likely their refresh models.... this will do.. specially since it cost as much as vega 64 for more performance than they give.

[​IMG]

Case is starting to look a little long in the tooth though.... My next machine is likely to be threadripper + an silverstone raven based case with a far smaller footprint more suited for m.2 SSDs and hidden 3.5 large capacity drives (if i bother with those anymore as i might just move them start to a NAS solution at home.. but i still prefer direct always available local).

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  15. Calliers

Pimp Pimp.

16. Trusteft

The recent release of GTS made me want to play GT, so I got GT6, the last proper GT game.
    Other than that, you can see another copy of BOTF, a copy of People's General, Phoenix Deep Space Resurrection.
    The latest Alien film which I got because everyone was bashing it as they did with Prometheus which I liked, so there is a good chance I will like this one too. FINALLY they released in Europe region Luigi's Mansion 2 on Select line so I grabbed it as soon as I could. Waiting for years for this. Lastly a cream which I read from some random post online that was doing wonders for them on the face where I have problems too. Red skin, flakes, etc. This is the second time I get this cream, the first one is almost finished. Yes, it does help a lot. More than any other I have used all these years. Fantastic product.
    Oh yeah, an F-111 model because I love it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Calliers

Just bought this for my little bro, the Acer Aspire E5-523-6366.

[​IMG]

18. Trusteft

I know Acer gets lots of bad mouthing from people, but I find their products seriously good value for money. I also don't find them to be less well built than other PC brands.

19. Calliers

Yes, I have had a good experience with them in the past, and that is why I chose an Acer this time around. Also, like you said, their value for money is unparalleled.

20. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

I’ve had a helluva lot more Dell laptops handed to me to fix than I have Acer
    they’re cheap, but plenty solid enough in my experience :)