Sony VAIO downgrade Vista to XP driver problem

Discussion in 'Windows & Other OS Discussion & Support' started by xjerryx, Sep 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xjerryx

xjerryx New Member

Hi a realy need a help. I want to downgrade from Vista Business to XP pro. I have new notebook "Sony VAIO VGN-FE49VN". And I can't find some drivers for XP pro :-(

Here is the specification:

Motherboard:
    Name: Sony Corporation VGN-FE49VN
    CPU: Mobile DualCore Intel Core 2 Duo T5500, 1666MHz
    Chipset: Mobile Intel Calistoga i945PM

GraficCard: GeForce Go 7400 (256 MB)

Sound Card: Intel 82801GBM ICH7-M - High Definition Audio

LAN:
    Intel(R) PRO/100 VE Network Connection
    Intel(R) PRO/Wireless 3945ABG Network Connection

and some: Modem Device on High Definition Audio Bus ()

I have instaled:
    Intel Intel 945PM chipset drivers v 8.1.1.1010
    drivers for Gerofce GO 7400
    driver for LAN

And some more but my sound device and modem won't work. :-( Everything else seems good. I tried so many different audio drivers and nothing won't work..

CAN ANYONE HELP PLEASE??? :-(

PS: Sorry for my english :oops:

2. PangingJr

PangingJr Member

you probably need to install UAA HD audio hotfix for the XP.
    google "KB888111" maybe you will find some better info.

3. xjerryx

xjerryx New Member

EDIT: I reinstaled audio drivers and sound device work! Thx a lot!

But moden still nothing..

Last edited: Sep 15, 2007
  4. PangingJr

PangingJr Member

how's it going?

5. Cimpr

Cimpr New Member

Have the same book, I don't know how, but it seem that my modem work..

But still have problems with Power Management Util, can't find something working.. I tried download ulits for some FE3*** model(VAIO Power Management v. 1.9.01.06270), witch should work on XP, but nothing.
    My webcam won't work either, it's "VGP-VCC4"..

6. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 9 Grandkids! #10 in the Oven!

Greetings and welcome to DriverHeaven!

I have a feeling that this is going to become a real problem on systems that were originally developed for VISTA. As such, many of the devices were not designed with XP in mind. So, the developers didn't bother making XP drivers.

Maybe if you can tell us why you decided to make the switch, we can go from there. It could well be that your only real option is to return to VISTA.

7. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

If memory serves:

Modem: Conexant HDAudio Softdata Fax modem. The driver off of HPs site may work for this laptop too, so if you want to give it a try you can get it HERE. Just be sure you have run the Microsoft UAA driver first, or it won't recognize the driver for the modem.

Audio: Sigmatel HD

Camera: Even though it says it's a Sony VGP-VCC4, I think it's made by Ricoh, but the problem is that Sony changes a file to match each camera they use... even if it is the same damn camera. As such trying to use a driver from a different company, or a different version (such as VGP-VCC2/3) won't work even if it is the same camera. In any event, the actual camera is the Ricoh R5U870, so if you can get an XP driver for that camera it may work for yours, however I doubt it.

8. xjerryx

xjerryx New Member

2Tipstaff: Thx for tip, modem work. But drivers for that webcam I can't find. :(

2Cimpr: Same trouble!! :evil:

2Dyre Straits: What can I say, it was too slow, I took me 76% from 1 GB RAM and I had no programs running.. that's why

9. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 9 Grandkids! #10 in the Oven!

Vista really needs more than 1 GB of RAM. That's for sure! Even 2 GB is not really enough from all I've read.

As for myself, I'm holding off on "upgrading" (if you can call it that) until the release of SP1. (At least!)

10. Tipstaff

Good to hear that 1 out of 2 worked.

As for the webcam, your in luck.. maybe. Check out this file HERE. It took me almost an hour of sifting through forums to find it, but according to the poster it works for your camera under XP. Be sure to read the readme.txt file for information on installing them, and so fourth as you need to manually update the driver in order to get it to install.

11. Selina

Selina New Member

12. xjerryx

xjerryx New Member

2Tipstaff: WAW THX A LOOOOOT!!!! It realy work!! You'r the best!!! :w00t:

2Selina: Two question marks remaining? What questions? Maybe someone can help you here.. Now (I thing) work everything what I need..

13. mihait85

mihait85 New Member

same problem with vgn-ar320e laptop

hi! i have the same problem with a sony vaio ar-320e. i have read this thread, downloaded the driver but it doesn't work for me. it returns code 10 error..the device cannot start. i have a driver that recognizes the device as a "usb video device", with no errors but it doesn't work with any program (yahoo messenger is the benchmark :p - it sais no camera connected). if i try to update that driver with the one downloaded from here is sais it cannot find a better driver for the one already installed

if you have any sugestions..happy to listen :p
    thx

14. khat17

khat17 New Member

15. stev

stev New Member

I've been given a dumb Toshiba A135 Satellite laptop that's VISTA. :(

Anyways, stepping back down to XP, the some VISTA drivers will work in XP as well. In some instances, the drivers were XP drivers to begin with. So, give the VISTA drivers a try in XP if nothing else is found. Usually they work well. If not, the Device Manager is easy to remove the driver.

16. diggdawg

diggdawg New Member

Sony VAIO VGN-AR605E downgrade to Vista driver help!

I'm also trying to downgrade to Windows XP, but on a Sony VAIO VGN-AR605E. I've already got XP loaded onto the computer and have found the following drivers:

Nvidia graphics driver
    Marvell Yukon ethernet port driver

It's enough to get me on the internet for now! I've been scouring the net and haven't found drivers that work with the VGN-AR605E. I've seen drivers for some of the hardware through Sony but they've been for other models and the executable checks which model computer you're running before they install. :uhoh: Any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm a newbie to Driverheaven.net - but have been reading some of the posts on here and it seems as though there are some very knowledgeable people!

This is a list of the hardware I still need drivers for:

Communications:
    HDAUDIO SoftV92 Data Fax Modem with SmartCP
    Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN (found a driver for this, but can't get it to connect to a wireless network)

Multimedia:
    Realtek High Definition Audio
    SigmaTel High Definition Audio CODEC

Drives:
    MemoryStick0 Device
    SD1 Device

Controllers:
    Intel ICH8M Ultra ATA Storage Controllers - 2850

Bus Adapters:
    Texas Instruments PCI-8x12/7x12/6x12 Cardbus Controller
    Intel ICH8 Family USB Universal Host Controller 2830, 2831, 2832, 2834, 2835, 2836, and 283A

Other Devices:
    Sony VGP-VCC6 Visual Communication Camera
    Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad
    Texas Instruments PCIxx12 Integrated FlashMedia Controller

Like I said - any help would be greatly appreciated! I'm looking to gather all of this stuff, then I'll place it somewhere so others have the ability to pull down the drivers they need instead of going through the hassle I did!

17. tellme

tellme New Member

guys help i want xp drivers for my vgncr3 series laptop

18. brett701

brett701 New Member

i need drivers for the sony vaio cgr serious as welll. ive downloaded most of hte drivers for XP for the cr series previously and i cant seem to find them anymore. THe one that i need more than anything which i thought i sinstalled already and i thought it worked is the Video Card driver for the sony vgn-cr220e. If anyone can help that woudl be awesome. i am a huge computer donk and can't figure this out and ive been working on this for a LONG time.

19. lephute

lephute New Member

hi guys. im new here but id like to help in any way i can. brett701, which drivers do you need. i have a ton a drivers - especially for sony. if anyone needs sony drivers feel free to let me know and ill see what i can come up with :)

20. Tipstaff

Could have sworn I posted this in both threads, but I guess not.

Take a look at a posting I did in THIS thread for more about a couple universal drivers discs that might help anyone looking for drivers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.