Sound blaster Z Audio Problems, crackling no rear audio..

Discussion in 'PAX Download - Z/ZX/ZXR' started by DragonnLiamm, Jun 2, 2016.

1. DragonnLiamm

DragonnLiamm New Member

Hi Hardware Heaven, I know technically this isnt the support section but i couldnt find where i should post this thread other than here, ive signed up to creative forums but havnt been accepted in yet and this problem is bugging the hell out of me, maybe someone with more experience could help out?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I bought the Sound Blaster Z a few months ago,after previously having SB Audigy 2 ZS for 5 years, great little card but im having the same problems as i did with that card, crackling/no or very little audio output from the rear line out.

I bought the Z because i wanted higher fidelity sound, although my old card worked flawlessly. when i first installed the card to my pc i used the PCI-e X1 Slot, installed the drivers but noticed the program was very laggy and had weird sound reproduction.

I then bought an SSD and moved windows onto that hard drive, once again installed all the drivers but this time i couldnt get the hardware to detect. Anyway i went scouting round the forums and saw i should move it into a PCI-e X16 Slot and use the PAX Drivers after installing the original driver from creative, to my success it worked and had no issues up until this point.

For some strange reason its happened again, no audio from the rear line out (Front headphone port works fine, but i want to play from rear line)

so i began to uninstall drivers, restart, disable fast boot (although when i fixed the problem initially i had fast boot enabled with no problems), changing pci lanes, installing official drivers, installing pax drivers, even completely reinstalling windows with a full wipe. I cant seem to fix the crackling this time around.

I cant see the card as being faulty because other people have the same issues, its not on creative release awsome hardware with crappy drivers, and to believe i got sucked into the marketing hype. Very dissapointed [​IMG]

If there is any solution it would be greatly appreciated, my hardware info below

Motherboard: ASUS M5A99X Pro EVO 2.0
    CPU : AMD FX-6300
    RAM : 8GB G.skill Dual channel
    Graphics: AMD Radeon R9 270x
    SSD: Kingston 120gb SSD
    CD: liteon IHAS-224
    600w PSU

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Did formatted after you upgrade the card? If not this might have do so :). Get rid older audigy 2 drivers.

3. DragonnLiamm

DragonnLiamm New Member

Hi Robert, sorry for the late reply i eventually gave up with it, sick and tired of being sold a product that clearly states it works then dies a few monthes later.

yeah i must have wiped my hard drive 4 times and reinstalled windows 7 again and again.

Can i ask a question, the audio plays fine to the Front audio headphone jack, ive had to turn my computer round 180 degrees as my aux cable isnt long enough,

my question is - is there any difference with the sound output from the rear line out to the front headphone line out, as in is it Full Range, any enhancements or decoded differently, or is it straight 1:1 same audio.

every time i load up windows the the speaker configuration reverts back to 5.1, im running a stereo system at full range. its so annoying.

is there any setting i can tweak in the PAX Drivers or official so that when windows boots its default to 2.1 instead of 5.1.

Thanks for all your help

4. DragonnLiamm

DragonnLiamm New Member

apparently there is latency issues to the pci bus aswell, i dont record audio so that doesnt effect me, but it says bad drivers essentially, is this the cause of my problem?

also i was playing around with a aux cable that was stripped, i may have shorted the positives together, could that be any correlation to the rear audio jacks not working ?