Stubbs The Zombie

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by karoloydi, Jan 15, 2006.

1. karoloydi

karoloydi New Member

This game runs extremely slow for me. I get 4-5 frames per second. Even at the lowest settings. Is it just me?
    I have a mobility radeon 9800 and the latest catalyst drivers (5.13). And a 3.4 Gallatin processor.
    The problem goes away after 3-4 minutes and then comes back again after 5-6 minutes.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks

2. RejZoR

RejZoR New Member

I assume game is based on "excellent" Halo engine. That pretty much explains everything...

3. karoloydi

karoloydi New Member

What's weird is that usually with this kind of problems there are a lot of people that get affected. When I searched google I couldn't find anything similar. I only found a patch that fixes the memory leak problems. But the patch didn't fix anything for me.

4. OmegaRED

OmegaRED Relapsed Gamer

It ran about 30-40 frames on my rig until I uninstalled it. Halo engine is pathetic and not meant for PC.

5. karoloydi

karoloydi New Member

If I could get 30-40 frames all the time I would be satisfied. The thing is that the problem is not that my graphics card is not able to get high frames per second with this engine. Cause for a few minutes I can get decent frames per second.

I checked how much memory it is using and it is only 2 MB!!!!????? Not even the lamest game uses only 2mb of ram. Maybe that's the problem.
    Is this what happens when there is a memory leak? I thought it was exactly the opposite. I thought that if there was a memory leak it would start using more and more of the memory until it would start using the paging file and get really slow.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2006