Swedish DJ Avicii Dead at 28

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Calliers, Apr 21, 2018.

1. Calliers

Calliers HH's MC Staff Member

Swedish DJ Avicii, real name Tim Bergling, died at age 28 on Friday, April 20, his publicist confirmed.

"It is with profound sorrow that we announce the loss of Tim Bergling, also known as Avicii," his publicist Diana Baron said in a statement. "He was found dead in Muscat, Oman this Friday afternoon local time, April 20th. The family is devastated and we ask everyone to please respect their need for privacy in this difficult time. No further statements will be given."

Bergling started out releasing music on Laidback Luke Forum in the late '00s, where DJs and producers would post music and seek feedback from budding peers. In 2011, he broke through to an international audience with the progressive house track "Levels," which hit No. 1 in his native Sweden and on the U.S. Billboard Dance Club Songs chart -- and earned him a Grammy nod. His 2012 David Guetta collab "Sunshine" earned him a Grammy nomination as well, and that same year, he became the first electronic DJ/producer to headline New York City's storied Radio City Music Hall.

2. Calliers

R.I.P.

Edit: His cause of death hasn't been released yet but apparently he suffered from alcoholism. I've never understood the allure of alcohol. I mean, to drink to the point that they had to remove his gallbladder and appendix at the same time and then to think that he probably drank himself to an early grave. I mean he must have been in a really bad place. If I had even 1% of the success that he had I would be happier, but then again, hindsight is always 20/20.

There are a lot of things I wish I could go back in my life and do over, change this decision, or make that one at this time or other, but then again one doesn't need to be insanely "successful" (I say it in quotes because I mean what this world considers to be success) to be happy. One just needs to be happy with what one has, and be comfortable living in ones own skin.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  3. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

He didn't take his success very well, that's why he quit, he couldn't really handle the fame. I don't know if he self medicated with alcohol or such, I haven't read anything of the sort but considering his problems with anxiety and other psychological problems that came with his success he probably was on some antidepressants.

There's no point to speculate, the cause will probably leak out eventually.

4. Calliers

As someone who is bipolar I know how bad it can be when your meds aren't balanced, trust me. I know what he was going through, and I'm sure the fame just made it worse. It was just too much, too quick. Like sitting down too fast, on steroids.

Still 28, he was barely off his training wheels. He was still a kid. And in this day and age in which most people are not becoming men, but instead we have man-child-like "men" running around who don't know what it means to be a man, either all they know how to do is lead, or love (romance), or they are muscle heads, or they have book smarts, or a combination of any two of those. It is truly sad that men these days don't have the tool set to act like real men. In order to be a real man you have to be well rounded in all of those four aspects even though one is dominant, you need to have a little of all to be a true man.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  5. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

From the list of things to lead you to an early grave, being successful sounds really stupid.

6. Calliers

Well, you know what they say, live fast, die young, have a good looking corpse.

7. Trusteft

If it was up to me, I would live slow, die old, have no corpse left.

Calliers likes this.
  8. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

he took his own life apparently
    had youth, wealth, coulda just ditched the career if he couldn’t cope with the fame.
    what a shame

9. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids, 5 boys and 5 girls!

10. Calliers

Yeah it was a shame. Sad how suicide can take ones life.

11. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

People should learn from this. Fame isn't all a good thing, it can destroy lives as well.

12. Trusteft

Is this a joke?

13. Trusteft

I don't want fame. I want money. Others can keep the fame. Just give me the money. :)

14. Calliers

Nope, sorry for how it sounded but it was very serious. As a person who has survived suicide before, I know how it can be.

Yup, me too. Just the money and I'm good. Ooooodles of money, lovely lovely money.

Trusteft likes this.