This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by g35x, Dec 25, 2007.

1. g35x

g35x Hellhound Pilot

This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device, you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system.

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device.
    ===================================================

looked around and found people getting the same message with sound cards, and ATI AGP cards, but my x1950gt is a pci-E

I just got my new rig together, installed windows XP, tried to install the video drivers and got this error. even did a re-install of XP, so its deff not a problem with my windows. the ati drivers are the first thing I tried to install, so I don't see whats wrong.

Intel Q6600
    ATI x1950gt
    Creative X-fi xtreme music
    ATI tv tuner
    Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3L/S3L
  2. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 9 Count 'em, 9 Grandkids!

Be sure to install the latest motherboard and chipset drivers after getting Windows installed. That should come before installing any other device drivers.

Good luck!
  3. g35x

g35x Hellhound Pilot

I had done that already yeah, but anyway the problem was a conflcit with my ATI tv tuner.

It was only like $30 so I just took the POS out, I never really use it anyway.
  4. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 9 Count 'em, 9 Grandkids!

Good to know it's fixed.

Yes, I have one of those but never use it anymore, either.
  5. g35x

g35x Hellhound Pilot

yeah, for some reason I've never gotten the thing to work with the official software, I was using it with dscaler for awile then coulden't get it to work, then I had a little period of using linux and it worked with this linux program called tv time perfectly.