Toast

Discussion in 'NVIDIA Graphics Cards' started by synthesis204, Dec 22, 2011.

1. synthesis204

synthesis204 New Member

I just wanted a somewhat relevant but creative title.

Anyway, y'all know I have an ASUS Matrix GTX 580. My issue is that it runs hot (and I decided against RMAing it as I didn't want to have to deal with the lack of computer).

Anyway, I've been playing SWTOR fervently, and am a bit worried.

For tech specs see my info pane beneath my avatar.

I'm also running a 22" monitor and 24" monitor off the card simultaneously (but this shouldn't raise temps that much, I think)

One monitor idle - ~37C
    Two monitor idle - ~50C
    Two monitor 95% load after an hour (SWTOR) - ~80C
    Two monitor 99% load after an hour (Skyrim) - ~72C (what? why does Skyrim run it cooler on a higher load..? No comprende)

I haven't tested a one monitor full load (I will when I get back to uni, visiting the family for the next month) but I have never heard of a Matrix 580 getting up that hot.

Also, I never have any issues in Skyrim (occasional ctd), but in SWTOR I get random CTD's (here I was thinking that was just a Skyrim issue) every 2-3 hours.

Thoughts? I know HH tested a Matrix 580 and didn't get nearly as warm results -.-
  2. Ishank

Ishank New Member

What is the max temp you get????
  3. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

Perhaps Skyrim's loading screens give the cooler a chance to catch up in a way that SWTOR's don't?

Nothing below 90 degrees should be problematic for a 580, though. Does it get noisy as well?

Do you mean max Furmark temp? He already posted max gaming temps.

Also, I don't mean to be a d**k, but stick to one question mark. It's just a little pet hate of mine, sorry :p
  4. Ishank

Ishank New Member

If he has already posted max temps then the temps are really fine............and I don't mean the furmark temps.....
  5. synthesis204

synthesis204 New Member

Furmark it got up to around 86-87C. And I can't tell if it's loud as my H50 is powered by jet turbines (and I'm not turning them off to see how loud the GPU fan gets). I have custom bios burned so the fan ramps up earlier rather than later, I may just end up having it go to 95% after 75C.

And while I know it's not dangerous, it IS annoying. This is supposed to be the end-all of 1.5GB 580 models, and they should not get this high..my old 580 never broke 65C >_>
  6. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

Um. Get some quiet H50 fans?
  7. synthesis204

synthesis204 New Member

You find me quiet, cheap 120CFPM 120mm fans and I will.
  8. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

You don't need 120CFPM. Get some resistors.
  9. jackjackduank

jackjackduank ..xXx..

check your air circulation in casing

off topic
    wow... Intel i7-980X @ 4.2Ghz with Corsair H50?
    curious about the temp when CPU reach full load?
    my suggestions you should use Corsair H100.
  10. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

Really?

The H50 is easily a 200W+ cooler. Ok so he won't get 50 degree load temps, but if they're under or around 80, who cares?

The H100 is for people who want to gun for 5GHZ.
  11. mac_attack

mac_attack New Member

I use the H80 with the single fan radiator on my i5 2500k and at load I only hit mid 30's for temps. That's also overclocked to 4.3GHZ.
  12. blibbax

blibbax nahm8

Either your stress program or your temp sensor is faulty. Or your ambient temps are dangerously low.