1. The Dark Forum Skin... It's ALIVE!!!!!

Toshiba Satellite A215-S5818 XP drivers here!

Discussion in 'Mobile Computing' started by ukmex, Jan 22, 2008.

1. ukmex

ukmex New Member

After six hours of hunting on the net I finally managed to get together all the drivers necessary to run a Toshiba Satellite A215-S5818 perfectly on XP, Toshiba only have the Vista ones on their site. So you don't have the same boring experience I've packed them up and you can download them all from my site at the following link:

Update Dec 2008.

For various reasons I've moved the drivers on to rapidshare, I'm glad to see the thread has become a success.

http://rapidshare.com/files/172422861/TOSH-SAT-A215-S5818-DRIVERS_XP.ZIP

Day by day a XP driver install on a new computer becomes a harder experience :(
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2008
    [hobo]eclipse likes this.
  2. [hobo]eclipse

[hobo]eclipse ...just bummin 'round

WOW! Welcome to Driverheaven, i wont need the drivers myself, but im sure will be helpful to others!
  3. ddam

ddam New Member

Total scam

Please disregard this post, I misunderstood how to use ukmex file.

Peace
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2008
  4. ddam

ddam New Member

p.s. If you need them, I wont be able to upload them till tues Jan 29 2008 as Im on a slow connection till then.
  5. rabrooks

rabrooks New Member

It's still better than when you had to manually write the auto and config ,to install a sound card. Just love them mile long autoexec.s......
  6. ddam

ddam New Member

The modtool does it for you. That part is pretty simple now.
  7. ukmex

ukmex New Member

ddam you are a moran!

The zip isn't a scam go get a life!

It's free and not password protected. Don't believe me, download it!

The modtool is for video, it doesn't fetch you all the drivers needed for a full working install on a Toshiba Satellite A215-S5818 with XP installed.
  8. ddam

ddam New Member

Charming response.

I didnt say the modtool fetched anything, I said I used it.

And I did download your exe and it did ask me to register and pay to register.

So... breath deep... relax....

If I made a mistake (which I dont think I did) then so be it.

See ya
  9. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

OK guys, calm down, I'm sure it's a misunderstanding.

There seems to be a registration requirement to use the extractor, so I can understand where ddam is coming from. I'm hoping for an explaination to that. The EXE file does appear to open fine with WinRAR, so the drivers can be accessed that way.
  10. ddam

ddam New Member

Cool, if I misunderstood how to use it, I apologize.

Take care
  11. ddam

ddam New Member

Ok, I could open it with winrar too.

I got this working with alot less drivers than that just so ya know.

The only thing I dont have worked out yet is the sm bus controller. No big deal yet.
  12. Stuart_Davidson

Stuart_Davidson Senior Editor Staff Member

The smbus driver usually comes in the ATI motherboard set: AMD GAME! Drivers and Utilities

Just choose custom install and it should let you untick everything but smbus driver... (i think)
  13. ddam

ddam New Member

Cool, Ill give that a shot.

Thanks
  14. ukmex

ukmex New Member

I've now changed exe to a zip but the exe did open fine for me when I tested it locally before the upload.

The way to answer is not to call someone a "scammer" but to state you have problems opening the file and I would have checked it out and corrected any problems with the file.
  15. ddam

ddam New Member

No luck for me on that one. This one has been the toughest to find.

I tried the drivers at drop.io listed in another post because the specs were similar, but no luck there either. Hmmm

Peace
  16. ddam

ddam New Member

You are correct, I shouldnt have said scammer without investigating further. You know how frustrating it is after searching the net for hours on end though...

Peace
  17. ukmex

ukmex New Member

Vikingod likes this.
  18. ddam

ddam New Member

Hey ukmex, thats great man. Thanks alot, much appreciated!

Peace
  19. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

Thank you for doing that, and thanks for providing this. I agree no conclusions should have been jumped to, but given the amount of spammers/scammers that are on the internet, it's understandable. I'll consider the problem dealt with.
  20. leosimoni

leosimoni New Member

does the sound driver work?
    It did not work on my a215-s5818.
    The device couldnĀ“t be initialized