UT2004+Sonic Adventure DX Probs

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by Max Powerz, Mar 17, 2004.

1. Max Powerz

Max Powerz New Member

Alright, this is so weird, certain games (like the UT2004, and Sonic Adventure DX demos) don't work. When I launch them after restarting, they just restart explorer. But if I launch IE and then close IE, they work fine. Games like Battlefield 1942 work fine after a restart. Any ideas what's wrong? I changed some services from blackvipers guide, could that have anything to do with it?
  2. Chaos

Chaos Number Nine

Ya depending on how radical you were with the services that you turned off. Go back and grab the zip file that contains all the default services with the indepth descriptions and restore your services to default, then go have a look at your services again and you will have all the additional descriptive information that the services effect. Then tweak your system according to your personal requirements.

Also ALWAYS EXPORT AND SAVE YOUR REGISTRY before you start playing with settings
  3. Max Powerz

Max Powerz New Member

It took me to long to get all the services right, no way im going back to default again! But like, you sure it has something to do with services? I think MSN and WMP make it work as well, so...
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2004
  4. Max Powerz

Max Powerz New Member

5. Max Powerz

Max Powerz New Member