Weird internet connection problem.

Discussion in 'Hardware Discussion & Support' started by Trusteft, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Every, approximately, 1:15m my internet connection "pauses", nothing gets in or out, then for about the same duration it is fine. Loop. For about half an hour now.

What gives?
  2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I have an update on this.

My main web browser (but not only) is Firefox. I recently updated it to 20.0.1 In fact I am pretty sure I did it either the same day or the one before I was having this problem.

In my browser, which tends to remain open for a long long time even when I have other things I am working with, I begun uploading a Youtube video. A large file, about 2GBs. Done it 100s time before without any such problem. I did close Firefox eventually, then wait then open it again and kept having this issue. I decided to cancel the YT upload. The internet connection suddenly was ok again. I started it again, problems again. I was now certain there was a problem. I was worried that my ISP did something to limit my upload speed which was causing my whole internet connection to freak out when uploading. So I canceled the upload again and I was fine.

So...I opened Google Chrome. I signed in YT and started the upload from there. My internet connection was fine. If nothing else, it feels like the file is uploading to YT a bit quicker than usual.

So, what is the problem here? Firefox? ISP? Youtube? No idea. But at least it seems to work now, for now...I will update this if I have any changes to report.