What did you have for a meal today?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Trusteft, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Calliers

Calliers HH's Man In Black Staff Member

Well, I'm not saying I don't eat meat. I just prefer vegetables to meat most of the time. Some times I'll eat a whole platter of wings or whatever (in fact wings is what I had for supper last night, along with some corn and salad).

But it has been proven that our digestive system is actually more well suited to processing vegetables and not meat. Also our teeth don't just move up and down like most carnivores, but from side to side as well as up and down like most herbivores.

2. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

do any of you guys ever actually cook for yourselves ?? :D

3. Calliers

I can't cook lol so my landlord's wife doesn't mind cooking an extra helping for me as long as I contribute to the groceries. :)

Edit: this is a bigger house so we all live here together.

4. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

I stopped cooking for myself several years ago. I can't stand the washing up.

5. Calliers

@niceguyrichy If I could cook for myself I would. I miss my moms cooking something terrible.

Edit: heck even our house keeper knew how to cook some awesome food.

6. IvanV

IvanV HH Assassin Guild Member

I've been living alone since late March this year and I cook very seldom. I occasionally cook with my girlfriend and, on my own, I made pizza a couple of times (made the dough myself and all) and I baked a fruit cake a couple of times (I love sweet stuff :) ) and that's about it for these eight months (not counting the odd instant soup, French fries and stuff like that).

The thing is that I don't get up early enough for a proper breakfast, for lunch I'm at work 5 days a week and at my mom's on Sunday and for dinner I usually just make a sandwich and maybe a salad (it's often too late and I'm too tired to cook when I get home during work days anyway). What's left is the Saturday lunch and one meal for one person doesn't justify the hassle of getting the groceries, preparing food and cleaning up afterwards.

Having said that, we got the stove working in the office, so I have been thinking about starting to cook once a week. I could make something on Saturday and that should "cover" Saturday, Monday and Tuesday. That would be a welcome change, as the new office is in an affluent residential area, so choices for takeaway food are pretty limited.

Dyre Straits likes this.
  7. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids, 5 boys and 5 girls!

Actually, I CAN cook very well...when I NEED to. But, as it has been for several years now, there are very few NEED-TO situations where it arises. :)

I make some great Chili, fantastic Apple Crisp, a very Scrumptious Green Bean Casserole, and I'm known to be very good on the grill, too! :) But, as I normally eat alone, fixing a meal for just myself is not nearly as pleasurable as being able to share it with someone.

That said, today's meal at IHOP was this...

Their seasonal French Toast is a Cheesecake Filled French toast with various toppings. This one is the Toffee Apple Cheesecake Filled French Toast combo with Eggs Over Easy, chopped into Hashbrowns with Cheddar Cheese and Onions, along with Sausage Links. Coffee for the beverage.

[​IMG]

Trusteft and Calliers like this.
  8. MIG-31

MIG-31 HardwareHeaven News Mod Staff Member

yes I do, most of the week I will always cook my own dinner, and for my dad also. I have been looking after him for the last year and half since my mother passed away.. (But nothing is better than your mothers dinners, miss them greatly) and as you may of seen in R&R with having him tested for dementia looking after him is not easy..

I will never call myself a creative cook, but I do enough to keep going. There is probably only once a week I may just break into a ready meal (Microwave job) when I can not be arsed..

As of today I have made Roast potatoes, boiled peas and a home made Toad in the hole.. (First time at the toad in the hole) went down very well. Sorry No Pic.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2017
    Calliers likes this.
  9. Liqourice

Liqourice Well-Known Member

Everything I've posted in this thread I've cooked myself from the ground up. I very rarely go out and eat or buy takeaway. I love cooking, it's one of my biggest hobbies and interests so I often make dishes that most people wouldn't think of doing on a workday. I think it's fun, I love good food and it's one way for me to express my creative side.

10. niceguyrichy

niceguyrichy c c c COFFEE

cool beans :)
    all these decades later I’m still not sure if I love to cook, or if I just really love to eat and the cooking part is just incidental :D

Calliers likes this.
  11. center_table

center_table New Member

I only had subway roast beef sandwich. Then I bought Starbucks ready to drink cold coffee.

12. Dyre Straits

Well, for lunch I had Arby's Roast Turkey n Swiss on Honey Wheat Bread, Curly Fries and an Apple Turnover.

Then, for dinner my daughter-in-law joined me at Captain D's where I got the Deluxe Seafood Platter. I got it with Steamed Broccoli and Fried Okra. It comes with 2 Fish Filets, Butterfly Shrimp, and 2 Stuffed Crab.

13. Calliers

Were you so hungry you couldn't take any pictures? Jeez, the nerve of this guy. :p

Dyre Straits likes this.
  14. Dyre Straits

Actually, my phone was busy with Pokemon GO! action. :)

15. Calliers

Hehehehe, nice excuse. ;)

16. Dyre Straits

I've been mentioning the Roast Turkey n Swiss on Honey Wheat at Arby's.....this is what I had for lunch today....

[​IMG]

Calliers and Trusteft like this.