What Movie Have You Watched Lately?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Dyre Straits, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Calliers

Calliers HH's Care Bear Staff Member

You know it took three sittings for me to completely watch it, I fell asleep the first two times.

Trusteft likes this.
  2. Calliers

Watched Baby Driver, good action flic, I have to say it was a more refreshing driving movie than The Fast And The Furious. It was funny but also very dark at the same time.

3. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Just finished Rear Window. What a great movie!
    I don't get to watch it often, once every decade, but so much fun each time.

Dyre Straits likes this.
  4. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids, 5 boys and 5 girls!

Trusteft likes this.
  5. Trusteft

Dyre Straits likes this.
  6. Calliers

I saw Pirates of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, and funny thing, one of the dead guys in the movie told a tale lol. But otherwise it was quite good, a return to what the original Pirates of The Caribbean movies were like, I quite enjoyed it. :)

Trusteft likes this.
  7. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids, 5 boys and 5 girls!

Just watched, The Fearless Vampire Slayers.

I saw this many years ago. I found a DVD of it a few days ago and snatched it up. It was the last movie Sharon Tate was in before she was killed by the Charles Manson gang. It also stars, and was directed by, Roman Polanski, prior to his indictment for having sex with a 13-year old girl. He fled to France and has since avoided visiting any countries that might extradite him back to the USA.

8. Mr Cairo

Mr Cairo Require backup .... NO

I love Edgar Wright films but found baby Driver to be a monotonous film with a fairly unlikable lead and mostly dull car chases ... its a film I will never watch again ....

Kevin Spacey was as watchable as ever though

9. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Watched the new Mummy movie and in all honesty.... it was actually pretty damn interesting and good.. even when it took a bit of an unexpected turn introducing what seemed like something that wouldn't be related perhaps, but i'm completely fine with considering.

Quite honestly hope that a 2nd arrives that can continue the story somehow as it was genuinely a completely different story.

Also watched power rangers... again a bit of a surprise.... wasn't expecting it to be rather decent/serious and actually have some believable situations, relatively realistic fighting vs the tv shows total trash nonsense... and very cool looking cgi. Shit they even got the banter pretty decently without it sounding horribly corny or out of place or just outright stupid.

Calliers likes this.
  10. Calliers

Yeah Power Rangers was good. There's an inside joke/meme in League of Legends of a creature called Bronzodia that all Bronze players are scared of, it has the head of Amumu, one arm of Malphite, one arm of Blitcrank, etc, just basically jungle characters with whom Bronze players find hard to deal with and me and my friend were making fun of that big ass monster they fight (the gold one) being Bronzodia lol.

Here I found it, I give you, Bronzodia lol! :D

[​IMG]

11. Trusteft

It was on TV last night, 1997's Zeus and Roxanne.
    Although a very family friendly movie (the depth of home alone in a romantic+pet movie), it was very well done for a movie this shallow.
    Arnold Vosloo in the role of the baddie was spot on, managing to be both comic strip deep and believable in his evilness.
    Having a superb ass in the scenes where she Kathleen Quinlan wore swimwear did not hurt either.
    Steve Guttenberg is one of my all time favorite actors and he was perfect as usual. While a successful actor he is still underrated IMO.
    Good editing with the animals and beautiful scenery did not hurt either.
    Basically a movie you watch when you want to feel good without going into full on comedies. Solid good acting from all involved and good technical parts. IMO worth watching.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
  12. Trusteft

It was on TV last night, Hitman from 2007.
    When I first watched it back then, I immediately gave it a 10/10 and put it on my favorites IMDB list.
    10 years later, I am glad I did.
    I know it has received a lot of flak, but I don't care. For me it is excellent for what it set out to be.
    It doesn't hurt that Olga Kurylenko is in it too. Another film that she is great in is "The Assassin Next Door" also known as "Kirot". Definitely not for kids. She is starring in it. Not the typical action movie to say the least.
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0465494/
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
    Calliers likes this.
  13. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

Over the weekend watched Pirates of the Caribbean 5.... dead men tell no tales.

I can honestly say it was VERY good... I liked the first one... was just great... the 2nd was excellent and of course 3rd just took it to a point there isn't really anything that could have been done that would make it better arguably... The 4th was very different and refreshing... was very entertaining... and this 5th one... really felt like a fun ride much akin to the first. But i think what i liked about the 5th is that it shows progression... it shows some open ended stuff concluded, and yet it also manages to open a whole big can of worms again in other aspects. The end credits scene by far makes for a much more entertaining and exciting situation than all the previous ones IMO...

Calliers likes this.
  14. Calliers

Yup, it was a lot like the first, no? That's exactly what I thought too. Enjoyed it through and through, glad you liked it. :)

15. Calliers

Watched Spider-Man: Homecoming, and, they seem to have pressed the reset button on the Spider-Man series, but it was still good. I'd give it a 6/10.

Trusteft likes this.