What will work with a basic Audigy SE card?

Discussion in 'PAX Download - Audigy Series' started by Madmaxneo, Feb 18, 2014.

1. Madmaxneo

Madmaxneo New Member

I have the basic Audigy SE card (it was all I could afford for now). It works great and sounds awesome. I was wondering what suites (out of all the different software suites available on this site ) if any will work with my basic Audigy SE card?

I was referred to this site by someone on the Creative forums when I asked about the Creative Console, they gave me a link for here. What I am hoping the software suite can do is set up a loop function between the microphone and my speakers, that is without feedback.
    My reason for this: I am running Raidcall and I want to pipe music through the software while having it set to push to talk. Consequently even if I have it set for free talk the only time the other players in my channel can hear my music is when I talk, and it sounds like crap. I was told it was possible if I loop my output (speakers) into my input (mic). I purchased the Y adapters to set it up then thought better and discovered some sound cards let you "loop" via software.

So.......?

Bruce

EDIT: As soon as I can afford it I will purchase a better card. Probably the Soundblaster Zx.

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Ya I will updated SE once I get the tweaking done right way :)

3. Madmaxneo

Madmaxneo New Member

I found out that the Audigy SE card does not support the "Looping" function. But the Zx card does.

You mentioned that you are working on "tweaking" the drivers. Does this mean you can get the "Looping " function to work with the Audigy SE card?

Bruce

4. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

don't think so because hardware older

5. Madmaxneo

Madmaxneo New Member

Ok, thanks. your software suite for the Audigy series works fine for now. Though I am not sure if it does anything different than what was offered by Creative labs for the sound card.
    I originally thought the "creative control panel" was something different than what windows update found for this sound card but it looks the same. Not sure about the sound difference so far. I am only using a real old set of Sony home theater speakers (4 with subs built into the front speakers).

Bruce