1. The Dark Forum Skin... It's ALIVE!!!!!

Why did Vincent DiMartino leave OCC?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by Falstaff, Oct 12, 2008.

1. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

I havent seen all the old episodes, but why did Vinny leave OCC?
    I know that he did, and I cant find any real dirt on the matter, but I am curious, because I like Vinnies contributions the producers managed to edit into the series because it made it more interesting rather than the OCC family screaming and hollering, etc.

btw...I really like the big slow revving roadsters so links to custom bikes sites is appreciated. :)
  2. mkk

mkk Well-Known Member

I don't think the full story ever came out but there seemed to be some business related problems in the mix as lawyers were involved. But I felt fairly certain that the dysfunctionality of the workplace got to Vinnie; who was a guy with a big heart to begin with and later became a family man. When he realised that he had a good enough economy and support to start up his own place I expect it didn't take long for him to decide that it was the right thing to do. In that episode I felt like Mikey did about the whole thing, and have been watching the show less often afterwards. But the parts where they have been looking for new people to hire for the new larger shop has been fun to watch.

I'm all for the slow bikes too. I'd have me something old school looking built with simplicity and ruggedness as a theme. Think Soviet engineering.
  3. Teme

Teme HH's Nokia shareholder! Staff Member

Honestly I stopped watching the show completely after Vince went...
  4. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

that makes perfect sense, as I really enjoyed the shows with Vinnie because he seemed rather clever while junior WAS and IS a Primadonna, but one look at his Dad and I can see why.
    I hope Cody and Vinnie can make a good living building bikes. I think I saw some V-Force bikes in a shop window in Colorado Springs the last time I was there but the price tag was terribly high. Customs are more interesting to me than anything from Asia in terms of creativity and artistry. It isnt all about how fast you go down the road, but how much style you have, LOL
    If I had the chance, I would trade in my tiny red tinker toy VW for an older Triumph or Vincent that is tricked out, just my style I guess.
  5. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

You know, I was the same in that respect, it seemed to diminish the entertainment factor. I cant and never will see Vinnie or Mikey as the enablers for Junior or Senior, they have talent of their own. I would liked to have seen more of Vinnies ideas bear some fruit, and I am sure he and Cody dont scream at each other.
    Maybe OCC has reached the apogee of my interest in the show..LOL
    I would rather see a show where Vinnie shows people how build their own customs on after market parts, etc.
  6. Teme

Teme HH's Nokia shareholder! Staff Member

Yeah they were the counter weight to Sr. and Jr. When the weight was gone the scale was not in balance and I lost interest.
  7. Falstaff

Falstaff Old Codger

I agree, just how many custom bikes can OCC get credit for, without the engineering prowess of Vinnie. I mean he must have gotten a share of the acolades for the work, he certainly fixed lots of Juniors major screw ups in the series, which btw I found entertaining..LOL

I want to see OCC take on more challenges to keep it interesting though and come up with other kinds of bikes rather than the standard stock and trade.

As for Vinnie, I look forward to his website maturing and showing us some simple and less complicated customs that really emphasis the power of the V-twins rather than all the crappy gadgets and frills of the OCC creations in spite of some their best work.

You know the way the show was produced, Vinnie was the anchor I guess, he sure stayed focused on the work and expressed frustration with the OCC family and their infantile outbursts and cheap drama..

but hey...thats television..LOL