Win10 - Z-series - no 5.1 sound only Stereo. HELP

Discussion in 'PAX Download - Z/ZX/ZXR' started by Redphyve, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Redphyve

Redphyve New Member

Hi

Here follows my tale of woe. I cannot get my 5.1 system to work. I have installed all the official drivers from Creative for the card, uninstalled and reinstalled, removed the card, rebooted and replaced the card and installed the new drivers. Nada.

I have completely removed the card from the system, cleaned up the remaining files and directories, used the Creative Cleaner plus Ccleaner and cleaned the registry, then rolled back the system to Thursday.

Right now I have only the latest Creative drivers installed. I downloaded the PAX set and ran the setup and still no joy. Any suggestions???

Am really feeling like this is beyond me. Been involved with pc's most of my life building and repairing but this has me flummoxed.

regards

Red

2. AlfredESchmidt

AlfredESchmidt New Member

Hi

If you are on Windows 10 you have to revert 'Sound Blaster Audio Controller' driver to version 6.0.102.50. You don't have to change the 'Sound Blaster Z' driver.

With Fall Creators Update there will be automatically version 6.0.105.8 installed which leads to only stereo sound.

Hope this helps!

Regards

Alfred

3. mic.deangelis

mic.deangelis New Member

Hi,
    from two days i was without sound, i think i solved by reinstall only the driver by running the "install.bat" from the Soundblaster progam: (SBZxR_CD_L13_1_01_05\Audio\program files\Creative\Sound Blaster Z-Series\Program). You can open the installer file with WinRAR or 7-Zip

My Operating System: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 16299)
    Sound Devices: (Sound Blaster ZxR) - Hardware ID: HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1102&DEV_0011&SUBSYS_11020033&REV_1009
    Printscreens:
    https://prnt.sc/hctrll
    http://prntscr.com/hcvbcp

Let me know

Last edited: Nov 20, 2017
  4. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

You'll need to install created official drivers first then disable the driver sign then install the driver and threw the driver device manager

5. mic.deangelis

mic.deangelis New Member

Hi, i've tried in this way, is more faster, i don't need the installer anymore.
    Uninstalled all the software and the drivers from the device manager.
    Now i put the "install.bat" in windows startup, and after the driver is installed, i run the "Sound Blaster Z-Series Control Panel". Finally my headphones are working again :)