Windows 10 x64 and TitaniumHD drivers do not work yet

Discussion in 'PAX Download - PCIe X-Fi Series' started by neurogenesis, Jan 24, 2015.

1. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

2. RamGuy

RamGuy New Member

I guess I could replace my Creative Sound Blaster Titanium HD with a Creative Sound Blaster Z as I'm only using SPDIF (Optical/Toslink) to my external Asus Xoner Essence One any way. All I'm using the card for is to get DSP like CMSS:3D as the Essence One does not feature any kind of surround matrix / virtualisation whatsoever.

But for my experience the new SBX Pro is inferior to CMSS:3D for gaming so I'm not that keen to replacing just for the sake of replacing it. I've also started to notice that with Windows 8.1 my drivers have started to be fiddly in-terms of CMSS:3D. When I do the CMSS:3D test in the Game Mode console it doesn't output any audio over Speakers nor SPDIF at all? I have tried reboot, deactivating and re-enabling but there is no sound from the test at all. Have you experienced anything like this before?

I also tested the Creative ASIO driver using Voice Meter Banana software and the audio is all kind of glitchy and useless using ASIO with bit-matching activated and with game mode activated? Using Entertainment Mode or Audio Creation Mode with Bit-Matching deactivated it's no longer glitchy, but there is tons of halo-effect on the audio so it's still pretty much useless.

Please feel free to move this to another thread or section as I guess it's not related to the thread at all..

3. Robert McClelland

If I were you used z series card to your t HD gets support by Oct.

4. x-rated

x-rated New Member

finally - latest daniel_k version works perfectly with rtm build 10240 even in entertainment mode :) big thanks to daniel_k, because standard creative drivers are still fu***d

[​IMG]

5. Robert McClelland

Sorry pleased don't bring him up here in the forum thanks

6. monstersavi

monstersavi New Member

pls help how I activate dts setting and thx setting on windows 10 (I download your .sql file and 3 no registry file both are crap) pls brother help

7. Revolted

Revolted Dont let my name fool you

Thank you for this quick fix, it's better than nothing.

8. Kapzlock

Kapzlock New Member

THANK YOU! Just ran all three of the original .reg files you posted and it restored the console.

Live long and prosper, OP.

9. Alismo

Alismo New Member

First, I apologize for my English (and, thanks, Google). While Creative not made a fix or a new driver, I am trying different methods and I found following solution for Titanium HD PCIe:
    1. Download and install SB X-Fi Series Support Pack 3.4 from Daniel K.
    (Not verified) After that, I have installed latest drivers from the official site Creative XFRL_PCDRV_L11_3_00_2015 (only WDM driver, which you can pulled (folder "Drivers"), for example, using WinRar), but I do not know: is that crucial reason.
    2. Reboot OS.
    3. Go to "Device Manager" and remove it in device "Creative SB X-Fi" (unchecked "Delete the driver software on this device").
    4. Reboot OS.
    5. Audio should appear. All software and capabilities should be working. The sound is clear, but after PAX is not familiar. Setup Sound in Win10, Output Sampling Rate, ASIO, ALchemy, THX Console, THX Setup, etc.– work. I do not have time to check "Headphone CMSS-3D" and "Digital Output". It seems everything is fine.
    6. However, after each reboot OS sound disappears and each time device "Creative SB XFi" must be removed, from the "Device Manager" (i.3). Thus, respectively, disappear all settings.​
    While it is only thing helped me Win10. Fortunately, with other multimedia software were no problems (foobar, MPC, madVR, ReClock, ffdhow, AviSynth, etc.) and, generally, I can say, what I like new OS (after a few hours "brainf@ck")
    Creative as usual work "perfectly" (I hope that, they will change their policies to users).
    And thanks such guys like "Daniel K", "Robert McClelland" (PAX), and others, who want to make the best out, what exists and works. Thank You for your commitment to excellence.

Для русскоязычных пользователей:
    Пока не сделали фикса или нового драйвера, перебирая разные методы, нашел следующее решение для Titanium HD PCIe:
    1. Скачать и установить сборку Daniel K 3.4
    (Не проверено) После этого, я еще установил последний драйвер XFRL_PCDRV_L11_3_00_2015 с официального сайта Creative (только сам WDM драйвер, который можно вытащить, к примеру, с помощью WinRar (Папка "Drivers")), но не знаю в этом ли ключевая причина (даже по звучанию не могу проверить, так как на Win7 всегда стояли сборки PAX).
    2. Перезагрузить систему.
    3. Зайти в "Диспетчер устройств" и удалить в нем устройство "Creative SB X-Fi" (не выделять бокс "Удалить программы драйверов к этому устройству")
    4. Перезагрузить систему.
    5. Звук должен появиться. Весь софт и возможности должны быть рабочими. Звук чистый, но после PAX не привычный. Output Sampling Rate, ASIO, ALchemy, THX Console, THX Setup и прочее – работают, не проверил лишь "CMSS-3D Headphones" и "Цифровой вывод звука". Вроде все нормально.
    6. После каждой перезагрузки звук пропадает и каждый раз приходится удалять устройство "Creative SB X-Fi" из "Диспетчера устройств" и перезагружаться (пункт 3). При этом соответственно слетают все настройки.​
    Пока это единственное, что помогло мне на Win10. К счастью, с остальным мультимедийным софтом проблем не возникло (foobar, MPC, madVR, ReClock, ffdhow, AviSynth и прочее) и в целом новая ОС мне уже начала нравится (после нескольких часов "мозготраха").
    Creative как обычно работают "на высоте" (надеюсь, что они изменят свою политику к пользователям).
    И настоящее спасибо, таким ребятам как "Daniel K", "Robert McClelland" (PAX), которые стремятся сделать лучшее из того, что есть и работает. Спасибо Вам за стремление к совершенству.

10. Robert McClelland

Pleased don't posted any link by Dan k here in my forum thankyou

11. altae

altae New Member

Robert, don't you think it's about time to stop your personal "cold war" with Daniel K? Despite all the differences that might have existed you two have been working for the same goal, providing the best drivers for Creative sound cards. You don't have to be friends, just stop maintaining such a childish fight about virtually nothing.

Currently the situation is as follows: Dan is offering working drivers for all the folks out there who are already using Windows 10. You aren't and Creative isn't neither. So people only help each other out by mentioning the fact that Dan's drivers work under Windows 10. Don't you think it's kind of natural (you could even say polite) for a user who knows that there are working drivers out there to inform other users about the fact that there are actually working drivers out there? Users that come here because they are desperately trying to get their expensive sound cards to work with Windows 10.

I cannot and I don't want to tell you what to do, as you said it's "your forum". But don't you think under these circumstances it would be appropriate to show greatness instead of being narrow-minded?

P.S. I don't want to attack or insult you in any form. Just my 2 cents about the current situation. Oh by the way, thank you for your hard work to provide an alternative driver for Creative sound cards. Believe me, your work has always been highly appreciated by Creative sound card users all over the world. Keep up the good work! :)

12. electronictonic

electronictonic New Member

I agree guess they had a falling out? but both are trying to strive for the same thing..but we can post links to this Daniel K :)

Daniel Kandi the famous Trance producer one of his best..sublime melody

13. Robert McClelland

It's up to him he thinks my tweaks don't work lol but they do ask the members here lol.

14. altae

altae New Member

Robert, I know your tweaks work. I had been using your drivers for several years before I upgraded to Windows 10. Currently I cannot use them bacause they don't work. But as soon as you have a driver out that works I'll gladly use them again. All I wanted to say is show a bit of mercy when it comes to people trying to get their Creative cards working under Windows 10. Currently there is simply no alternative to the driver that was created by the man I mustn't mention here ;)

15. Joshua Rosenberg

Joshua Rosenberg New Member

Perfect fix thanks so much! More than just getting the control panel working this got the sound working properly in 5.1 Surround from complete silence. Thanks so much. Get in touch with the companies (Microsoft or Creative) and let them know about the problem/fix. Maybe they will pay you for your troubles. How can they release this stuff and be so sloppy?

16. tahir40

tahir40 New Member

I have PCIe Titanium xfi i tried new beta kpax drivers for windows 10, daniel K and and original windows 10 drivers, i dont have sound in rear set of my Creative 7200 7.1 system. They work fine on win7 :(

17. Wolfseye

Wolfseye New Member

Today I updated our last PC, our Media PC, which had a Soundlbaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-E in it. Worked fine with PAX drivers before on W8.1 64 Bit. After I updated to Windows 10, I did uninstall all previous Creative stuff incl all leftover files. Then I installed the PX Titanium Suite Full 1.15, and the install itself went fine. But now after reboot, in the Sound Devices there is no Creative. And in the Device Manager, there is a exclamation mark on the Icon. When I check the options, there is a text that says that the device cannot be started because the the device information are not there or damaged.

Any idea how I can get that to work, please ? :(

I would appreciate any help.
    Thanks in advance.

Wolfseye

18. Robert McClelland

Did you installed newest one? If you want work with me on T HD I be happy to help I don't own the card. So I don't know how it installes.

19. ncc1977d

ncc1977d Member

When you need a PCIx X-fi Titanium HD Owner with Windows 10 Pro x64 (TH2), you can count on me with testing experimental builds.

20. Mister X

Mister X New Member

If any of you guys are still encountering issues, you could give my pack a shot, provided that you download the drivers for your card from here prior to installing the components that I've included in packs 02 and 03.