XBOX 360 controller drivers 6.0.5435.0

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by el_dj_pax, Nov 12, 2006.

1. el_dj_pax

el_dj_pax New Member

does any one know where to find this DRIVERS?
  2. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 9 Count 'em, 9 Grandkids!

I think this is still the version available from Microsoft. Or, do you have a newer version?

To get the latest update, be sure you have the controller plugged in and that it's recognized by Windows.

Then, go to Device Manager, expand the view and locate the XBOX 360 Controller for Windows.

Double click on it and select Update Drivers.

Let the system search the Internet and you should get directed to the newest drivers.

Good luck! If it doesn't work, let us know.
  3. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

I hate to undo all of Dyres hard work (cuz it will work the way he mentioned), but.. um.. HERE you go.

BTW, the wireless receiver should be in a month or so.. just in time for Christmas. This will allow you to hookup any of the wireless devices to a PC, including the Wireless controller, and headset.
  4. HawgsHead

HawgsHead Rest In Peace

You mean M-soft doesnt send them too you when U log onto "Live"?
  5. craig5320

craig5320 Well-Known Member

The wired controllers plug straight into your PC, he wants the PC driver.
  6. HawgsHead

HawgsHead Rest In Peace

Oh!I see!....said the blind man too the deaf mute......I understand now.
  7. el_dj_pax

el_dj_pax New Member

I right clicked the icon of the drivers given by Microsoft, then clicked on properties.. on that window I found out that the version of this drivers is 4.0.100.1124 (October 10 2005). This Version is OK but my problem is that FIFA '07 does not detect the controller at all. After checking the readme file I found: Xbox 360™ Controller for Windows® (driver installed must be version 6.0.5435.0, dated May 20th 2006, or later) BUT I CAN'T FIND IT ANYWHERE... So, if anybody knows where to find it, please send me a line
  8. Lelisevis

Lelisevis Howlin at the moon

9. Lelisevis

Lelisevis Howlin at the moon

10. Tipstaff

Tipstaff Well-Known Member

:D Those are the drivers I linked to in my post, Lev.

In any case, apparently you need to do both my (Levs) suggestion first, then Dyres suggestion. First install the drivers both Lev and I linked to above, which are for version v.6.0.5221.0. Next, be sure the controller is plugged in, and goto the Windows Update site, and choose to do a "Custom" update. On the left you should see a listing for "Hardware" updates. Click that, and you should see THIS. Choose to install it, and that should update the drivers to v.6.0.5435.0 (which you can see HERE).
  11. nicnik

nicnik In the Land of Snow

I jus found these drivers yesterday. well i had the old drivers for it dated september 05; turned on automatic updates, and manually went into device manager and updated the controller drivers; picking the search online this time only option; and it downloaded the may 2006 drivers and installed them.
  12. dittohead

dittohead New Member

sorry to bring back an old topic
    BUT ive installed these updates - with GREAT difficulty

and it still doesnt work on FIFA 07, it did before....but i had to format - pc froze a lot - annd now it just doesnt work in fifa :(
  13. bgmate

bgmate New Member

I have a problem too. I can use the gamepads in Fifa 07 but menus keep poping up so it's un-playable.
    I have the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller for Windows. Anyone knows what to do?

Thank you
    /BG
  14. bgmate

bgmate New Member

Saw that it was moved here so some additonal info:

I have the Xbox wireless PC gamepads so the opensource drivers does not work.

I can use the gamepads in Fifa 07 but menus keep poping up (same as hiting the ESC-key) so it's almost un-playable.
    Anyone knows what to do?

When I do Property and driver. It says
    Driver date: 2007-02-15
    Driver version: Not available

I click Driver details
    xusb21.sys - file version 9.17.897.0000
    WdfCoInstaller01001.dll - file version 1.1.0.0 (winmain(wmbla). 060420-0021)

These are the files I have:
    XBOX360Eng.exe (3.16 MB)
    version 4.0.100.1124
    Xbox360_32Eng.exe (17.9 MB)
    version 6.2.29.0

Thank you
    /BG
    PS. The readme says: Xbox 360™ Controller for Windows® (driver installed must be version 6.0.5435.0, dated May 20th 2006, or later)
    PS2. Found a workaround. Disconnect the gamepads, start Fifa, plug-in the gamepads again.
  15. kc_action

kc_action New Member

Ok, so I downloaded the .exe file that Tipstaff linked to and installed that. However, when I go to the device manager, it still says that the controller is running version 2.1.0.1011

When I do the udpate driver, it comes back as stating " Can not find a better match for driver already installed".

How do I get it to recognize the driver 6.0 that was downloaded?

Thanks for helping a newb!