XiFi Xtreme Music Sb0460 Not being recognized by windows

Discussion in 'PAX Download - PCI X-Fi Series' started by Asad Habib, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Asad Habib

Asad Habib New Member

Hi
    So i bought this card creative sb0460 and installed it on my asrock z77 extreme 4. It appears as a "multimedia audio device" under other devices instead of sound devices in device manager. I have win 8 64bit 8gb ram i7 2600k. I've tried installing the drivers from creative's site but the drivers after installation say that it cant find creative device on the system and exits. Ive seen people say that using a third party modified driver might help but ive tried them all inculding the new ones for win 8 and some that were recently uploaded on creative supports own site too but windows still doesnt recognize my soundcard as a soundcard at all nethter do the drivers. I've disabled the onboard devices too but that didnt work either.

On eightforums i found a guy who was modifying creative drivers to work for people who had issues similiar to me and by using his inf i was able to at least get my card to be recognized as creative xifi audio processor under sounds, but with an exclamation mark claiming that the card cannot start. At one point it also said that resources were missing and that i needed to deactivate another device for this one to start but that was only once and i did deactivate all other sound devices even from the bios to no success. I've switched slots too. I seriously havent tried this hard to get something to work in my whole life and have pretty much given up after a week of restless nights. This forum is probably my last hope and I'd really appreciate it if someone could find it in his heart to help me out because i really want this card to work or at least get an explanation as to why it isnt working. :( I've got teamviewer and everything in case anyone needs it.

2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

IS OEM card?

3. Asad Habib

Asad Habib New Member

4. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

Are you sure that the device listed under Control Panel is the card? It could be the HDMI audio on your GFX card or the on-board audio.

I would try removing the card, re-booting the system and seeing if that device is still listed. You can also try moving the card to another slot - sometime this will cause Windows to find the device. Also disable the on-board audio in the BIOS.

5. Asad Habib

Asad Habib New Member

6. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

Possibly this card is one of the OEM models then which are not officially supported by the Creative drivers. Have a look on the card itself to see if you can find any product IDs or serial numbers. Even though it is a SB0460 it may have a firmware locking it to another manufacturers drivers. Try typing in any numbers you can find into Google to see what comes up.

7. Asad Habib

Asad Habib New Member

Serial number : MASB0460545012726Z
    and along with it some other codes D33022, N10225 and Ices-003 class B

The serial number doesnt turn up on google (im a noob at this so sorry if im doing something stupid) but d33022 shows up links of creative xifis. Dont really understand much of what they say though...

8. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

Robert surveyed XFi serials and product IDs for his drivers so he may have a better idea which device you have. You could also try this app from Creative = Product Identification Module

9. Asad Habib

Asad Habib New Member

i've already tried that. Though all creative drivers are for either windows 7 or 8.1. Do they even support win 8 64bit at all?

10. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

I used my XtremeMusic on most of the Windows 8 betas without issue, I think I used my Titanium on WIndows 8 release as well so I doubt that is the issue. Maybe hardware, have you tried slotting one of your friends cards into your system to see if that works.

11. Asad Habib

Asad Habib New Member

Last edited: Jul 13, 2014
  12. Asad Habib

Asad Habib New Member

I see some of these guys are using pax drivers or something for their cards and supposedly it works. Should i try these?

"The entry-level model of the X-Fi series, the Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio, does not actually have the EMU20K1 chip but is a re-branded Audigy SE, using the same family of chips (CA0106-WBTLF), and even the same drivers" - Wikipedia

Ps i think i talked a little with robert on skype too a few days ago if im not wrong. I did what you told me to do. removed all drivers from the registry as well and scanned my hdd.

Heres my device id
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_00201102&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&SUBSYS_00201102
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&CC_040100
    PCI\VEN_1102&DEV_0005&CC_0401

Last edited: Jul 15, 2014
  13. Asad Habib

Asad Habib New Member

Guess you guys must be busy so ill keep you updated anyway.

I just used driver identifier to check for my sound cards driver and it found one which when i installed got stuck in between and then my windows crashed with that blue screen error message saying something about unrecoverable errors. Tried it again with same result. Even tried disabling device signature enforcement lol.

14. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

Not busy, I just don't know anything else to suggest for a fix, however.....

then

was a bit of a WTF for me. :eek:

At this point my guess would be either it's an old OEM card that is not supported by current drivers or the actual hardware has failed - these cards are about 10 years old now. I sold my xtremeMusic on eBay a few years ago and only got a tenner for it - why don't you just buy another one.

15. Asad Habib

Asad Habib New Member

My friends live in another town. We ordered online.

Yeah most probably gonna go for another one.

16. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Or why not get titanium or z series?

17. Asad Habib

Asad Habib New Member

yes i will most probably get those.

18. Asad Habib

Asad Habib New Member

Oh so lol i bought another sb460 and that one is working fine so i guess my old one wasnt working fine.

19. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

Thanks for letting us know - helps narrow down issues other people may have.

20. Asad Habib

Asad Habib New Member

Yes thats exactly why i wanted to let you guys know. I know this must be getting irritating for you guys but i have to ask you guys to bear with it for one last thing; the driver installs and everything works fine. But, there is no creative control panel nor any files where the creative software usually was installed when i used to install it for the bad card (i installed the same driver for them both). Any ideas?