XiFi Xtreme Music Sb0460 Not being recognized by windows

Discussion in 'PAX Download - PCI X-Fi Series' started by Asad Habib, Jul 11, 2014.

1. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

Did you delete older stuff from start and program folder you need stop creative service to do this.

2. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

Not sure...

You could try running the driver install again. It used to offer the option to remove previous installs to help with driver conflicts or

You could try looking under control panel/programs and un-installing everything from Creative and then doing a fresh install yourself or

Downloading the Creative Console Launcher and installing that to control the card.

Personally I have installed the driver and the Console Launcher and use the Launcher exclusively so I have no need for anything else.

3. Robert McClelland

Thanks for helping out Jac ;) I try get some more driver stuff done tomorrow would see I also have go back in on Friday get my left leg done on laser too. my right leg black and blue lol

4. Asad Habib

Asad Habib New Member

hope you get better robert :)

Thats the strange part even now that the driver is fully installed and working i dont see anything in control panel related to creative or audio. I guess i messed around last time too much and ended up deleting and messing up stuff in my registry so now maybe i need to refresh windows for that. But jac i think ill try the creative console launcher first.

5. Jac

Jac Well-Known Member

Well there isn't a Creative option in Control Panel, there is only sound. If you go to the 'Start' screen and click the little down arrow at the bottom of the screen it will bring up your installed programs and the Creative Audio Control Panel should be listed there under Creative.

Creative Console Launcher is pretty much the same thing though - only with a nicer interface.

6. Asad Habib

Asad Habib New Member

yes i know what you mean but thats exactly it there is no creative anything anywhere now. Even in program files i cant find a creative folder. Its like it isnt even installed lol but the sound obviously doesnt work without the driver. And i have re installed it a few times now.

Warning noob content incoming;
    This might seem lame but on my older card the driver setup usually took like a minute to install and i could see stuff being copied on the installation wizard but now when i install it it just takes like 10 seconds while it says installing drivers and its over.

7. Robert McClelland

did you check see your id is in wdm inf?

8. Asad Habib

Asad Habib New Member

no sorry i dont know how to do that

9. imaoddjobman

imaoddjobman New Member

OK thought I would add some info to this as I have a couple of these cards and quite a lot of experience using them - or trying too. The issue here is not the operating system but newer motherboards. I have owned and used the sb0460 platinum (with break out box) for many years without any problems until I replaced the motherboards and upgraded my computers.

With the 780G chipsets they worked flawlessly but now I have the 970 chipsets (both gigabyte boards UD3 UD3P) they are all but useless. My machines are multi boot, windows 7, windows 10 and server 2012r2. The issue of drivers happens on both machines and all operating systems. Sometimes they work sometimes not when they do I have checked the IRQ etc and there fine, no conflicts. I have tried all the drivers creatives and custom and the same happens. Sometimes rebooting half a dozen times works sometimes I just give up..

I have spent hours trying to solve the issue these are great cards and a million times better than on board sound an insult to them to compare. BUt sadly with newer boards there days are up as I have given up trying to make them work reliably. It just might be my gigabyte 970a boards but then I doubt it.