Registration to this forum is free! We do insist that you abide by the rules and policies detailed
below. If you agree to the terms, please check the 'I agree' checkbox and press the 'Register' button below.
If you would like to cancel the registration, click here
to return to the forums index.
Welcome to the HardwareHeaven Forums. We hope you will enjoy posting here and debating with some good, friendly likeminded people. As in any community, we need some sort of conduct guidance, which will be enforced by our Moderation Staff.
- One account per-person only. If you have more than one account or know someone who has more than one contact us via e-mail to have additional accounts removed.
- Forum members will obey the requests and judgments of Staff and will respond in a polite and respectful manner.
- No Thread Jacking. "What is thread jacking?" -
thread jacking is when a user basically hijacks a thread with ill advice or misadvice, leading the subject matter away from the original thread starters posting. This is open to interpretation and will be decided in escalted cases via an adminstrator. Repeated breaches of this will result in explusion from HardwareHeaven. TIPS: If you don't have anything to contribute to the thread or are unaware of the subject matter but are attempting to pretend that you do, then DON'T POST. This is particularly pertinent in support threads.
- No cursing in thread subject lines.
- All competition decisions are final, there is a no tolerance policy with regards to the membership complaining about these and will possibly result in a banning, so be forewarned.
- No racial, sexual, homophobic, or any other slur targeting a minority will be tolerated. [This behavior is grounds for banning.]
- Referrals and similar "get free goods" campaigns including pyramid schemes are not allowed.
- Spamming is not permitted and repeated offenses will be grounds for banning.
- No warez or porn allowed on any level (even in the flame zone) - posting links to hard core pornography is an INSTANT ban
. Warez includes the posting of keys and/or activation codes for products. (Discussion and links relating to "no-CD" executables are, however, allowed.)
- No linking to your business, you are allowed links to your home site in your signature but do not post threads trying to pimp your site.
- No linking to offensive materials, such as gore/shock related images/sites: we have young members on our Forum. Posting of pictures and/or links/URLs to websites depicting genitalia/pornography is strictly forbidden. [Repeat offenses are grounds for banning.] No child pornography tolerated: IPs will be reported to the proper authorities.
- Offensive posts should be reported via the "Report this post" option.
- As this is a driver related forum, no direct copying of other persons work/code will be allowed.
- Threads in which there have been no other replies in the last month (30 days) are considered 'dead'. Members should not reply to these such threads, unless there is something crucially important to add to the topic, such as updated information.
- Signatures must not exceed 10 lines of text, or 5 lines with (image in signature). The maximum image dimensions for a signature are 500x150 pixels; this is to ensure the forum text is not hindered and is easy to read.
- Use of the HardwareHeaven logo in signatures and/or avatars is prohibited.
- No commercial advertising in public forum thread on HardwareHeaven. Contact Sales to discuss Advertising Rates.
- No advertising/site promotion in public forum thread on HardwareHeaven without special permission from the administration team, this is also against site policy. You are entitled to put a link to your Website(s) within your signature.
- ALL artwork, HH
logo and all related content are copyrighted and may not be used in any form of medium (including print, Web or others) without expressed permission of Heaven Media Ltd.
STAFF MEMBERS AND REPORTING PROBLEMS
HardwareHeaven strives to be a friendly and safe place for everyone and a great part of the responsibility for such rests on the shoulders of our Staff members. If there is a technical issue with the forum itself, post in the Feedback Forum and the Administrators will see address the issue(s) promptly. [Do not PM the Administrators unnecessarily.] They are generally tied with other site and server related issues, and it is the rest of the Moderator's jobs, to ensure there is no unnecessary burden on the Administrators.
If you have a problem, or see a problem, especially one involving an infraction of the rules posted in this thread, you should report this by clicking the Report this post
link in the lower right hand corner of every post. This will notify all of the Moderators assigned to a particular forum of the post in question. If you prefer, you can PM any of the Moderators for the forum section that the questionable post is in. If you want to see which Moderators are in what forum section, you can refer to this page
. Should there be no Moderators for that particular section, or if its a problem spanning multiple sections, or something else altogether, report the post anyway, and PM one of the Super Moderators, who are listed on this page
. Should you have a problem with the way a certain matter was handled by a Moderator or a Super Moderator, or have a complaint of any sort about any Staff Member, contact an Administrator.
Above all, please keep in mind that it is our Staff's job to keep HardwareHeaven a friendly and safe place for everyone; we truly appreciate it when members help us through reporting problematic posts or other board members. We thank you for your cooperation.
SITE PRIVACY STATEMENT
HardwareHeaven has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate our firm commitment to privacy. The following discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for this website.
We recognize the importance of protecting the privacy of you as a user of this Website. This Website does not collect Personal Information about you except for information that you voluntarily provide (for example, when you submit an e-mail to us with comments about our web site or products reviewed on the Website and you do not specifically indicate that the information contained within is to be considered confidential or provide answers to a voluntary readership survey).
We consider the following to be Personal Information: your name, address, phone number, date of birth, job, personal interests, credit card information, your e-mail address and data about the pages you visited on this Website, this information is confidential and will not be made available to any 3rd parties although we may, up to four times per year, send a newsletter to you via email which covers content posted on our site.
This site contains links to other sites. HardwareHeaven is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such Websites.
Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control.