Corsair has been one of the biggest players in the PSU market lately. They currently produce only 7 units but each one of them excels in their respective categories. We reviewed many of these units in the past and it is clear they are extremely focused with their range, they are not flooding the market with a plethora of supplies, just high quality units with maximum quality. Today we will have a look at the TX750, a high output PSU designed to offer great electrical performance at the best possible price to performance ratio. Corsair released the TX750 several months ago but it still is considered to be one of the best choices anywhere close to its retail price. We will stress it to its limits in this review.
Manufacturer Features and Specifications
- Supports ATX12V v2.2 standard and older ATX12V 2.01 spec
- Ultra-quiet 120mm (140mm on TX750W) double ball-bearing fan delivers excellent airflow
- 80%+ energy efficiency at 20%, 50% and 100% load condition for less heat generation and lower energy bill
- 99% Active Power Factor Correction provides clean and reliable power to your system
- Universal AC input 90~264V automatically scans and detects the correct voltage
- Dedicated single +12V rail offers maximum compatibility with latest components
- Over Current/Voltage/Power Protection, Under Voltage Protection, and Short Circuit Protection provide maximum safety to your critical system components.
- High quality Japanese capacitors provide uncompromised performance and reliability.
- Extra long cables support full tower size chassis.
- TX750W Dimension: 5.9"(W) x 3.4"(H) X 6.3"(L);
- TX650W Dimension: 5.9"(W) x 3.4"(H) X 5.9"(L);
- MTBF: 100,000 Hours
- NVIDIA SLI™-ready certified.
|Corsair TX750W Specifications: Model CMPSU-750TX
||90-264V ~ 10A 50/60Hz
|MAX COMBINED WATTAGE
||TOTAL POWER: 750W
Packaging and Bundle
The packaging of the TX750W is large and very sturdy. It is also well designed, not flooded with artwork but with a wealth of information about the unit itself around it. The PSU is secured very well inside the package which is held between two thick and soft Styrofoam pieces. Noteworthy enough, the product is not protected by a bubble bag but a black pouch. After you get the PSU out you can re-use the pouch for any given purpose. As well as the pouch you will also find several black cables ties, black screws and a well written manual inside the package.