Tagan are well known for creating some of the finest power supplies on the market. Today we are going to have a look at one of their products, the PipeRock II 680W
. Designed to be a high performance modular unit, the PipeRock II boasts some very interesting specifications on paper and currently carries a very tempting price tag. We will thoroughly test it and see how it fares against the competition in this review.
Manufacturer's Features & Specifications
- PipeRock II modular cable management is the best cable type for optional cable usage.
- DC to DC voltage regulator modules for greater system stability.
- Compatible with Intel EPS12V Ver.2.92/ATX12V Ver.2.3 and downward versions.
- Supports dual GPUs and dual/dual core CPUs.
- 4 + 12V output circuits provide stable power.
- +12V rails regulated to ±3% delivers full rated power and tight voltage regulation.
- Over 82% efficiency means money saving due to the reduction of heat loss.
- TSCT (Tagan Silence Control Technology), using PWN circuit plus Dynamic Liquid Bearing patent fan can reduce noise 60% than standard fan.
- PCI-E cables support Triple-SLI and CrossfireX high-end graphic cards for perfect display.
- Low power consumption in stand-by mode, meets Energy Star 4.0 requirements.
- Active Power Factor Correction with high PF value of >0.98.