Thermaltake are one of the best known companies in the technology sector - the company was founded back in 1999, mainly focusing on cooling solutions at the time. Veteran enthusiasts will remember the Volcano 7/7+ coolers being some of the most popular cooling solutions for overclocked systems. Today Thermaltake is a corporate giant, offering all kinds of cooling solutions, computer chassis, peripherals and power supply units.
Even though Thermaltake have been around for a long time they have only recently entered into the power supply market... around two years ago. That hasn’t stopped them from forming several series (7 at the time of this review) consisting of several products in each category. We had the chance to review and evaluate a few of these products in the past, such as the Toughpower XT 850W
and the Toughpower Qfan 500W
unit. Today we will present you another high performance power supply product from Thermaltake, the Evo Blue 750W
Unlike most units around its power range, Thermaltake didn’t design the Evo Blue with maximum electrical performance in mind. This product is designed to catch the eye of modders and thus they intended it to be as aesthetically pleasing as possible. That said, no enthusiast would buy a power supply unable to offer good electrical performance, no matter how good it looks – so today we find out if it manages to do both.
Manufacturer's Features & Specifications
- Oversized 14cm whisper-quiet ball bearing fan dramatically reduces overall PC noise, increase system thermal efficiency.
- Intelligent variable speed controlled fan automatically increases or decreases fan speed to adjust to different system loading.
- Modular cable sockets with blue LEDs backlight & five user-adjustable LED environmental lighting effects
- Active PFC (PF>0.9) reduces heat build-up and energy loss to promote a more stable and efficient power conversion.
- Robust and dedicated single +12V output provides superior performance under all types of system loading.
- Cable Management improves internal airflow by reducing cable clutter within PC to promote accelerated heat removal.
- Features dual 8-pin PCI-E & dual 6-pin PCI-E connectors to support latest Nvidia 2-way / 3-way SLI & AMD 2-way / 3-way Crossfire X technologies.
- Uncompromised compatibility with all current and future system setup with Intel ATX 12V 2.3 & SSI EPS 12V 2.91 standards compliance.
- Individually tested to guarantee rock-solid continuous operation at 50℃ environment.
- Industrial-grade safety protections: Over Power, Over Voltage, and Short-Circuit protections.
- TT 5 Years Warranty: Thermaltake quality 5-years parts and labor warranty.
- Safety / EMI Approvals: UL,TUV, CE, FCC,BSMI and GOST certified.
- Dimensions: 150mm (W) x 86mm (H) x 160mm (L).