Enermax MODU85+ II 525W PSU - Introduction
Enermax has been long known among PC enthusiasts as one of the most reliable and proficient computer power supply manufacturers, in fact for every kind of computer PSU Enermax units are considered to be some of the best money can buy. Some time ago we had a look at one of their most popular power supplies, the Modu82+
. Despite being a "mainstream" product, the Modu82+ offered fantastic performance and a load of features for a very reasonable price. Recently Enermax updated their Modu82+ series, renaming it Modu82+ II, adding new features and claiming better performance than its predecessor. Today we are going to have a look at the 525W Crossfire certified version of the new Modu82+ II series to see how it performs.
Manufacturer Features & Specifications
- 82PLUS ready! World first ATX12V PSU series with 82-88% efficiency @ 20-100% load. Compliant with 80 PLUS® BRONZE efficiency requirements.
- CrossFireX™ certified! (ENERMAX MODU82+ II 525W, EMD525AWT II-01) ©2009 Advanced Micro Devices, Inc., ATI, the ATI logo, CrossFireX, and Radeon are trademarks of Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
- Certified by AMD for GAME! Ready systems! The AMD team tests & validates all key features of a product before it can be communicated as AMD GAME! product. This includes hardware stability, interoperability and performance testing.
- ATX12V v2.3 ready! Compliant with the newest standard for desktop power supplies.
- FUTURE ready! 12Pin modular design for possibly upcoming new CPU's and graphics 10 and/or 12Pin connectors.
- 24/7 @ 40°C ready! Non-Stop industrial class performance at 40°C/104°F ambient.
- DXXI ready! 100% 6+2P (8P) PCI-E connector to support new generation DXXI graphic cards.
- GAMING ready! ATX12V v2.3 support for latest Intel© Core™ 2 Duo/Quad/Extreme/i7/i5, and AMD® Athlon™ 64X2 & Phenom™ II and CrossFireX™.
- WORLD ready! 100-240VAC in with automatic adjustment and active PFC for global usage.
- HeatGuard Keeping PSU fan running for 30-60 seconds after shut down to dissipate the remaining system heat and prolonging system lifetime.
- CordGuard Fixing the AC cord tightly to avoid accidental shutdowns of your PC.
- AirGuard Patented air-inlet with optimal aero-dynamical design reducing noisy air turbulences.
- SafeGuard Advanced multiple protection circuitries of OCP, OVP, DC UVP, AC UVP, OPP, OTP , SCP & SIP protects your system.
- SpeedGuard Advanced fuzzy logic 12cm fan speed control for optimal cooling and minimum noise. (Patented)
- TRIPLE 12V rails The best rail design for this PSU class for maximum safety and compatibility.
- 100% Japanese Electrolytic Capacitors Highest components standards for maximum durability and stability.
|AC Input Voltage
||100-240VAC, 50-60Hz, Active PFC
(Maximum operation range: 90-265VAC, 47-63Hz)
|AC Input Current
||7.5 - 3.5A