Antec P193 Case - Introduction
It was three years ago when we received and reviewed the first case of the P19x series from Antec, the P190. Back then Antec marketed the P190 as the "most advanced performance computer case yet" and it truly was an excellent computer case. The P190 was not cheap but it was a case loved by hardcore enthusiasts and extreme overclockers for a great number of reasons.
Today we are going to have a look at the successor of this very successful product, the P193. Antec changed the marketing motto of this case to "a class of its own". The P193 is larger than its predecessor and also boasts new features when compared to the older model. In this review we will examine the new P193 and see how much of an improvement over the P190 it is.
Manufacturer Features and Specifications
- Dual chamber design isolates heat and noise: the power supply resides in a separate chamber to isolate heat and reduce system noise
- Fits heatsink fans up to 140mm: the P193's superior cooling eliminates the need for larger heatsinks
- No power supply included
- Power supply option: comes with a power supply mounting adapter to mount either a standard size power supply or Antec's exclusive CP Series power supply
- Innovative two-layer, sound-deadening side panels (steel, polycarbonate) and three-layer front door (aluminum, plastic, aluminum) dampen noise and ensure Quiet Computing™
- 11 drive bays
- External 4 x 5.25"; 1 x 3.5"
- Internal 6 x 3.5" for HDD
- Internal 2 x 2.5" SSD drive bays
- Cooling system:
- 1 rear (standard) 120mm x 25mm exhaust TriCool™ fan
- 2 top (standard) 140mm x 25mm exhaust TriCool™ fan
- 1 lower front chamber (optional) 120mm fan for HDD
- 1 side (standard) 200mm fan for dual graphics cards
- 1 upper front (optional) 120mm fan for HDD
- 1 middle (optional) 120mm fan for graphic cards
- Cable organizers behind motherboard tray minimize cable clutter
- Front-mounted ports provide convenient connections:
- 2 x USB 2.0
- 1 x eSATA
- Audio In and Out (HDA and AC97 compatible)
- Double hinged door opens up to 270°
- 7 expansion slots
- 0.8mm cold rolled steel chassis for durability
- Maximum video card size: 19"/483mm (Note: some video cards may require removal of the adjacent hard drive cage)
- Compatible Motherboards: Mini-ITX, microATX, Standard ATX and Extended ATX
- Net weight: 35.8 lbs / 16.25 kg
- Gross weigh: 41.7 lbs / 18.9 kg
- Case dimensions:
- 20.25" (H) x 8.1" (W) x 23.25" (D)
- Actual clearance needed for width is 9.5" due to the side panel fan
- 51.4 cm (H) x 20.5 cm (W) x 59 cm (D)
- Package dimensions:
- 13.25" (H) x 25.8" (W) x 28.75" (D)
- 33.7 cm (H) x 65.5 cm (W) x 73 cm (D)
- What's new in the P193:
- Front door vents, as well as wider vents along the door frame, improve airflow into the chassis.
- Filters and filter doors are integrated as one unit. The doors themselves have been modified to provide greater airflow, resulting in cooler system temperatures.
- Drive bay covers are vented and include air filters to provide better airflow.
- Lower chamber fan is now located in front of the hard drive cage, allowing for installation of longer PSUs as well as easier cable routing between the lower HD cage and the power supply.
- The Big Boy 200™, a 200mm fan, is moved outward to give more clearance for taller heatsinks. Externally removable washable air filter allows for easier maintenance.