Kingston Digital Europe Ltd, an affiliate of Kingston Technology Company Inc., the independent world leader in memory products, today announced it is shipping the Kingston® DataTraveler® Workspace USB Flash drive. DataTraveler Workspace is certified for Windows To Go, a key feature of Windows81 Enterprise. DataTraveler Workspace enables enterprises to provision a full corporate desktop on an external USB drive, thus allowing users to boot and operate Windows 8 from portable devices. This new drive is a unique external USB 3.0 device that is capable of SSD-like performance.
DataTraveler Workspace is made specifically for organisations that want to use the new Windows To Go feature found in Windows 8 Enterprise. The drive is designed to help IT administrators support their mobile user base — from remote employees to contractors and consultants. DataTraveler Workspace helps companies and organisations meet both bring your own device (BYOD) initiatives and disaster recovery requirements.
“There’s been such a revolutionary shift in today’s workforce and by pairing our innovations, we give customers an effective alternative to help them safely and efficiently access the corporate network regardless of where they are in the world,” said Karri Alexion-Tiernan, Director of Product Marketing, Windows Enterprise, Microsoft. “With Kingston’s DataTraveler Workspace, customers will be able to deliver a great experience when running Windows 8 from a USB drive.” “Over the past year, we’ve worked diligently with Microsoft to develop a USB Flash drive that met the requirements of Windows To Go, as well as provide the performance, flexibility and durability that our customers know us for,” said Ann Keefe, Regional Director for UK and Ireland, Kingston. “We will continue to deliver innovations as the marketplace evolves and are delighted to be one of the select manufacturers.
DataTraveler Workspace USB Flash Drive Features and Specifications:
• Certified for Windows To Go: administrators can easily deploy a bootable corporate workspace on a specially configured portable USB drive
• USB 3.0 SSD: capitalizes on USB 3.0 specifications by incorporating SSD controller technology in order to achieve high random read/write performance and low latencies
• Fixed drive: not designed for data storage
• Easy to use: enables users to boot and operate from multiple PCs
• Security-enhanced: supports BitLocker for data encryption and Trusted Boot for protecting boot process and anti-malware software
• Resilient: to accidental removal so the workspace can resume if the drive is plugged back in within 60 seconds
• Compatible: with PCs certified for use with Windows 7 or Windows 8 operating systems
• Backwards compatible: with USB 2.0 to fit more systems while optimizing performance
• Guaranteed: two-year warranty meets lifetime expectations in typical workloads; free technical support
• Reliable: 25 years of experience makes Kingston the most trusted name in memory with high-quality components and rigorous testing procedures
• Capacities2: 32GB, 64GB, 128GB* (*build to order)
• Max Sequential Read/Write speeds: 250/250 MB/s
• Sustained Random 4k Read/Write: 3,750/9,800 IOPS
• PCMARK® Vantage HDD Suite Score: 22,250
• Supports TRIM and S.M.A.R.T commands
• Dimensions: 75.29mm x 22.98mm x 16.44mm
• Operating Temperature: 32°F to 140°F (0°C to 60°C)
• Storage Temperature: -4°F to 185°F (-20°C to 85°C)