All ASUSTOR NAS devices will be upgraded to ASUSTOR’s ADM 2.0 NAS operating system, fully optimized user interface is easy to use with zero learning curve, newly added features include original technology such as Searchlight search engine, Mission Mode backup, FTP Explorer and more; App Central also receives updates in App Central V2, along with the launch of two new mobile apps AiMaster and AiData, effectively combining cloud storage with multimedia applications.
ASUSTOR Inc., a leading innovator and provider of network storage solutions, has announced that all of its NAS devices will be upgrading to the ASUSTOR Data Master (ADM) 2.0 operating system. ADM was the first NAS operating system in the world to be designed around the use of Apps and features an intuitive graphical interface that provides users with a familiar experience closely resembling the simplicity enjoyed on mobile and tablet devices. ADM also features the App Central App repository which contains over 100 unique NAS Apps. Users with needs ranging from business to SOHO to home and personal will all find Apps that they can use to create a customized NAS device for themselves.
ADM 2.0 features a substantially optimized user interface that increases operational efficiency. Newly added features allow users to freely upload their own desktop wallpaper, pin frequently used Apps to the ADM menu bar and organize the order of their Apps, giving each user the ability to create their own customized desktop. Many new and original functions have also been added including the industry’s first Searchlight search engine which can help users find required files in a large database, and Mission Mode backup which helps to ensure the completion of each backup job. Additional new features include FTP Explorer, the first FTP client designed for NAS use that offers an intuitive user experience similar to most file managers as well as SoundsGood Web music player and a VPN client. ADM 2.0 will also include App Central V2, the newly styled version of ASUSTOR’s renowned App library platform. Furthermore, users of ASUSTOR’s 3 series NAS devices will also get to enjoy the use of the new XBMC multimedia player App. 3 Series users can also use XBMC with ASUSTOR’s exclusive infrared remote control to create a complete digital entertainment experience.
“We are very proud to be launching ADM 2.0, which comes loaded with unique features to meet the diverse demands of our users,” said James Su, Product Manager at ASUSTOR. “ADM 2.0 features an array of exclusive ASUSTOR technology, helping users to create a secure personal cloud while redefining the capabilities of NAS. Combined with ASUSTOR’s excellence in hardware design, ADM 2.0 brings users a dynamic experience that is sure to delight.”
ADM 2.0 Features
- Searchlight Search Engine (Industry First): Developed by ASUSTOR, Searchlight is a rapid search technology, featuring fuzzy searches, that is built into ADM and provides quick and precise searches allowing users to almost instantly find the files, folders and applications they need among the thousands stored on their NAS.
- 2-Way Backup: ASUSTOR NAS is the first NAS in the world that offers 2-way transfer support for Rsync, FTP, cloud, One Touch and external backups. This allows the NAS to be deployed as an active or passive centralized backup server and remote replication backup server. Users can also use the Backup Plan backup utility for windows or Apple Time Machine to backup their computers to an ASUSTOR NAS.
- Mission Mode Backup: Exclusive backup feature that allows users to configure the number of connection attempts and time interval for connection attempts, ensuring for the successful completion of backup jobs. Mission Mode eliminates the problem of backup jobs being stopped because of various connections problems with a busy server on the other end.
- FTP Explorer: FTP Explorer is the first FTP client in the world designed exclusively for use on a NAS. It allows users to connect and browse any FTP sites from within the ADM user interface and offers an intuitive file management interface allowing for the execution of drag and drop file transfers. FTP Explorer fully supports resuming downloads allowing file transfers to pick up right where they left off after a disconnection, effectively eliminating the need to waste time on restarting file transfers. Users are also provided with an FTP site management function that allows users to store and manage information for all their favorite FTP sites. Furthermore, users are also able to enjoy bandwidth controls along with simultaneous file transfers to multiple FTP sites giving them access to all their data in the cloud from a single interface.
- App Central V2: The newest version of ASUSTOR’s App Central features over 100 unique NAS Apps. App categories range from business to website construction to digital home entertainment and more. The newly optimized interface supports searching for Apps by keyword and users are now free to browse through the Apps according to a variety of parameters including category, popularity, and newness. App Central also includes one-click installation allowing users to quickly and efficiently install any Apps they require.
- SoundsGood: SoundsGood is a Web music player designed exclusively for ASUSTOR NAS that allows users to access their music from anywhere and share their music with family and friends. With SoundsGood, each user can have their own personalized music collection and playlists. Users are free to configure any folder on the NAS as a music source along with options for setting the music source as public or private. The built-in ID3 tag editor allows users to conveniently edit the ID3 tags for their entire music collection without having to use any additional software. Furthermore, in addition to playing music through a PC, SoundsGood also supports audio output from the NAS via HDMI, USB or audio jack allowing users to play their music thorough amplifiers and speakers.
- VPN Client: ASUSTOR NAS supports VPN connections allowing the NAS to act as a VPN client which can then connect to VPN servers via PPTP or OpenVPN protocols, allowing users to gain access to different virtual private networks. Also supported, is the creation of multiple VPN connection profiles giving users the ability to easily switch connections between different VPN networks.
- Multimedia applications: App Central contains a myriad of multimedia applications allowing users to easily enjoy digital home entertainment. UPnP Media Server allows users to stream multimedia from their NAS to any UPnP/DLNA compatible digital media players including PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. iTunes Server supports iOS Remote pairing and AirPlay as well as audio output from the NAS via HDMI, USB or audio jack1. Digital media players Boxee and XBMC (Beta)2 allow users to directly play multimedia from their NAS via HDMI.
- AiMaster: AiMaster is ASUSTOR’s NAS management app for mobile devices that allows users to control and manage multiple NAS devices. AiMaster features an interface similar to ADM making it extremely easy for users to use. Users can choose to connect to multiple ASUSTOR NAS devices manually, automatically or via Cloud ID. After connecting to a NAS users will then be able to manage functions and services on the device such as system resources, downloaded Apps, backup jobs, online users and access control. Ai Master also features real-time system event notifications, allowing users to be get a handle on events such as changes in system status, malicious attacks and system updates. This allows users to handle any urgent system matters from the convenience of their mobile devices. Additional features also include the ability to power on and off the NAS along with putting it into Sleep Mode and Night Mode. Furthermore, the Find Me function can help IT administrators to find a particular NAS among many others. Once Find Me has been activated, the NAS will begin to beep and its LED indicators will begin to flash, helping the user to locate it.
- AiData: With its intuitive interface and incorporation of well-known cloud storage services, AiData allows users to manage all the files on their NAS and across the cloud. AiData can be used to rename, copy, move or delete any data on an ASUSTOR NAS. Creation of Share Link download links for files and saving items as favorites for offline browsing are also features of the app. Additionally, Dropbox is also conveniently incorporated into AiData, giving users access to their data on Dropbox and their NAS all in the same app.