Synology America Corp. is adding two new DiskStations to their SOHO/SMB product line; the DS114, and DS414. Each NAS is optimized for business. Both make remote access and file sharing fast and convenient; whether in, or out of the office.
Combined with Synology’s award winning DiskStation Manager 4.3 (DSM 4.3), the DS114, and the DS414 offer a wealth of productivity enhancing features such as:
- Cloud Station with selective sync – Keep files, file-types, and folders in sync across all of your devices
- 256-bit AES encryption on shared folders – Helps keep private data private
- VPN server (and client) – Enables the creation of secure connections between networks
- File Station folder link sharing – easily share data without having to set up custom permissions
- iOS, Android, and now Windows Phone support – for convenient remote access
The DS114 is a single bay solution for users that want maximum accessibility with their data. With a fast 1.20 GHz processor, integrated floating point unit (FPU), and 512 MB of RAM, the DS114 can deftly handle the diverse range of DSM 4.3 features. Two USB 3.0 ports, and eSATA make the DS114 a useful tool for accessing external disks and/or printers over a network.
The DS414?is Synology’s newest 4-bay DiskStation. It uses the same popular design as its predecessor. Its hot-swappable bays now include Synology’s new tool-less drive caddies; making installing, and replacing drives easy. The DS414 further succeeds the prior model, by upgrading its dual-core processor to 1.33 GHz and adding an integrated FPU. The enhanced processing power improves multitasking operations, and speeds thumbnail generation for faster document previews. Along with RAID, and redundant fans, the DS414 now includes two gigabit NICs for failover, and link aggregation; making productive uptime the central design philosophy of the DS414.
“The DS114, and DS414 are valuable updates to the DiskStation family,” said Thadd Weil, public relations manager at Synology America Corp. “As computers continue to ship with less internal storage, now is the perfect time for businesses to expand their overall data capacity with Synology’s robust line of network attached storage solutions.”