Corsair, a designer and supplier of high-performance components to the PC hardware market, today announced the immediate availability of the Obsidian Series450D performance mid-tower PC case. The 450D matches the iconic, brushed aluminum design of the Obsidian series with an increased focus on high-airflow, ensuring your system not only looks great, but runs cool.
Behind the 450D’s aluminum mesh intake grill are dual 140mm AF140L intake fans to direct airflow straight to a PC’s hottest component, the graphics card. The rear AF120L 120mm fan keeps the airflow moving smoothly and five other optional fan locations give you serious cooling flexibility. The 450D’s fan mounts also accommodate a wide range of water-cooling radiators, with room for up to a 360mm radiator in the roof, a 280mm radiator in the front, and a 240 mm radiator in the floor.
The 450D also boasts all of the features that make the Obsidian Series a favorite among enthusiasts around the world. Easily accessible dust filters on the roof, front, and bottom ensure your system will stay looking its best, while modular tool-free 3.5″/2.5″ hard disk mounts offer a wide range of storage options, or can be removed entirely to prioritize airflow.
“From day one, our Obsidian Series has made our case lineup a force to be reckoned with.” said George Makris, Product Manager at Corsair. “With Obsidian 450D we’ve now added a mid-tower case that has outstanding air cooling capabilities, but can house lots of water cooling parts, too.”
Obsidian Series 450D Specifications
- Three tool-free 3.5″/2.5″ combo bays in a modular hard drive cage, with two tool-free 2.5″ drive bays behind the motherboard
- Two tool-free 5.25″ bays for expansion
- Two front mounted USB 3.0 ports for easy peripheral or external storage connection
- 7 expansion slots
- Three included high-airflow fans for excellent airflow at low noise levels
- 2 front 140mm
- 1 rear 120mm
- Perforated front brushed aluminum fascia for improved airflow
- Room for up to 8 fans
- Radiator compatibility:
o Top – 360mm/280mm
o Front – 280mm/240mm
o Bottom – 240mm
o Rear – 120mm
Builder Friendly Features
- Thumbscrew side panel removal and expansion slots
- Tool-free drive bays
- Center-post standoff to hold motherboard in place during installation
- Easily accessible and removable front, rear, and top dust filters
- Cable routing with rubber grommets for superior airflow and neater builds
Dimensions and Weight
- Length x Width x Height
o 19.5″ x 8.3″ x 19.6″ inches
o 494 x 210 x 497mm
o 7 kg
o 15.4 lbs
Pricing, Availability, and Warranty
The Obsidian Series 450D has a suggested retail price of $119.99 in the US and is available in April from Corsair’s worldwide network of authorized distributors and resellers. It is backed with a limited 2-year warranty.