‘We underestimated the popularity of some of the single-player features’ - Street Fighter V producer

Discussion in 'Gaming News Discussion' started by Calliers, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

Street Fighter V is one of the best fighting games ever made, but at the moment it’s really just a shell of a game – with too few characters and almost no single-player to speak of.

Not that any Street Fighter game has ever had any particularly good single-player content but the lack of even an arcade mode has seen the game badly underperform in the sale charts.

And now series overseer Yoshinori Ono has admitted as much, in comments made to American mag Game Informer.

2. Trusteft

Trusteft HH's Asteroids' Dominator

Oh please, total bullshit!
    It has nothing to do with underestimating single player demand. It has to do with wanting to release a game which was 30% done for as much money as possible.
    The game was simply far from over, 6 months or more and they released it for who knows what financial reason. Same with that pile of crap release of Hitman.
    They are trying to see how much they can get out of releasing as few content as possible as a full release.
    Pfff

Calliers likes this.
  3. Calliers

Calliers Just got off the hedonic treadmill... Staff Member

I agree. I am one of the people that bought the game, and I kind of feel cheated since I got it full price. Hopefully the new content they will release will make the game better.