12-year-old kid breaks every computer he touches

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by mos2k, Mar 4, 2008.

1. mos2k

mos2k HH's Hermit

[​IMG]

Joe, a 12-year-old boy in the town of Richland in Oswego County, began calling himself "Magneto Man" last year, after his teachers concluded that his presence could crash the school computers.

"Another student could use a computer, and it would be fine. But if Joe was on it, weird things started to happen," said Marie Yerdon, computer lab teacher at Lura Sharp Elementary School in Pulaski. "I think there's something in his body chemistry, something in his makeup, that causes the computers to go haywire."

The idea that a human being can be magnetic, electric or electromagnetic is considered paranormal, but a quick Internet search reveals lots of believers.

Many people claim to have a special "aura" that interferes with electrical appliances and watches. There are "SLIders," or people with Street Light Interference, who claim they turn streetlights on and off when they pass under them. And there are those who just seem to have far more computer problems than the average Joe.

Source

2. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

Funny, I wonder the validity of this story. Seems unlikely, but I suppose you can't rule anything out. It would be neat to see what a few scientists could figure out (at least to truely confirm that it has to do with the static in the environment).

Either way, it would be difficult to function in todays world if you couldn't use electronic devices.

3. Judas

Judas Obvious Closet Brony Pony

some people have the gift.....

i can drive a vehicle baby the shit outa of it.. and weird shit will start happening.... for no apparent reasons..... and they magically are fixed for the next person that sits in it.

4. Zelig

Zelig Well-Known Member

I stop people's hearts if I get too close to them.

mike2h likes this.
  5. mos2k

mos2k HH's Hermit

:rofl: :lol:

6. BiGBrOwNPimpsta

BiGBrOwNPimpsta HH's #1 Hustla and Pimp

this was on digg

7. craig5320

craig5320 Well-Known Member

Technically that could be true, you get close to a girl, dump her and break her heart :D

8. Vikingod

Vikingod Int'l Fish Liaison

Judas does the same thing apparently... but to automobiles

9. IEMC

IEMC Neighborhood screw up.

I couldn't live with myself.

10. OldBuzzard

OldBuzzard DH's oldest Geek

I've seen a few things like that.

Back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, I used to do maintence on IBM unit record equipment. This was pre-computer data processing stuff. All electro-mechanical, and used wire brushes to read holes in punch cards, relays to do calculations, boards with jumperwires to 'program' them.

I had one account that had an 082 sorter that would constantly jam and chew up cards. I would go in, go through it with a fine tooth comb. Adjust and tweak everything to factory or better tolerances and timing. I could run new cards, old cards, raggedy cards (which would jamb if anything would) with no problem. I could then step back, watch the girl that did all of the sorting use it, and within 5 minutes or so, the damned thing would jamb. I could step in, run the SAME cards thru the sorter and it was perfect. This went on for about a month or so, and we finally just replaced the sorter with a different 082, and she never had a problem again. Also, when we put the 'possesed' one in another account, it never missed a beat there and ran just fine. For one reason or another, it just seemed that that particular sorter just 'didn't like' the girl. Good thing for me was that she was a babe, so I didn't mind spending a lot of time there anyway :D

Sometime later when I had moved on to computer operations and then programming, I was working for a company with an IBM System 3 as a programmer. I would often work on the 2nd shift to do testing of new or updated programs before putting them into production. That way I had unlimited use and didn't have to worry about getting littel blocks of time in between production runs. Anyway, the cleaning crew would come in on the 2ns shift to cleanup, and I finally had to request that ONE particluar lady be kept out of the computer room when I was working. For one reason or another, if she just stepped inside the door, that system would give me a PROCESSOR CHECK, which was the equivelent of a BSOD today. It was kind of funney in a way, but annoying as hell, since I could be 2 hours into testing a program that would run for 3-4 hours, and have to start all over again. Wouldn't have been so bad I guess, if I was being paid hourly, but I was on salary :sigh:

Currently, any time my oldest son goes into a local Walgreens, the anit-shoplifting sensor alarm goes off. Odd thing is that he only sets it off on the way IN, never on the way out. Strange.

11. mike2h

mike2h New Member

my best friend cant wear watches of any sort or carry cell ph. they screw up everytime. wich makes it difficult for him as he works & runs his own bussiness & customers r constantly wanting his cell #. he tried for 2 years to have cell, but having to replace it every month or so got untenable.
    diff with him is that once the item has started malfunctioning it is permanently hosed. i have personally wasted $$ on 2 watches for him. made me a believer.
    doesnt seem to affect large items/thing not in very close contact. though he does seem to have more comp/lrg electronics issues than normal, but nothing major or outside of somebody just having a run(long) of bad luck.

12. Al_Vampyre

Al_Vampyre Well-Known Member

Sounds like my other half....

13. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

I do the same to wallpaper.

14. Necrosis

Necrosis Well-Known Member

I had the mental image you driving a team of babies on the back of a big sled pulling hundreds of Dell 3007's over crappy rutted roads.

15. mike2h

mike2h New Member

LMAO. whats really scary, is that with judas its possible;)

16. Zelig

Zelig Well-Known Member

You don't know the half of it. ;)

17. kris23

kris23 Going Insane.....

dood, thats nice.

if theres some kind of minor difference in his muscle structure that allowed static to charge and possibly fill the air with free floating sort of things that go to any surface that they conduct to.... lol if his problem was any worse he could set fire to electronics lol i guess electrostatic sensitive devices are not good for him but i guess a wire and light bulb amd any thing simple is.

18. The_Neon_Cowboy

The_Neon_Cowboy Well-Known Member

I suspect he is a smacktard, who simply messes up unprotected pcs

19. YAYitsAndrew

YAYitsAndrew Anti-Piracy Poster Boy

My cousin has something like this. She goes near computers and sometimes they shut off. It's tied to some issue she has with iron in her blood she says.

I don't think there's anything paranormal about this kid, I think there's something abnormal and he should go to a doctor.

edit: He's also a child, so you have to be wary of attention and popularity motivating him to uphold a lie that's working in his favor.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2008
  20. HardwareHeaven

HardwareHeaven Administrator Staff Member

You sure she isn't tripping over the power lead?