65°

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by dorkz, Dec 31, 2003.

1. dorkz

dorkz Striving to overcome

yes thats what i thought, and also the fact It would alter only a few degrees isnt worth the £££!

2. Asmoday

Asmoday Demonic

I think you need to read up on the subject Thermal paste d4rkz....just do a google search...i'm sure there is plenty of information on thermal paste and its function...

3. BWX

BWX get out and ride

I thougt you just said you thought it would glu the hsf to the cpu? So what I just posted is infact NOT what you though...... I thought you thought that it would stick to your CPU- it won't...

Unless I'm having an acid flashback or in the twilight zone- you must be confused. lol

It is worth the $$$ - believe that.

4. dorkz

you know I think your right cartman! :oops:

5. dorkz

:sigh: /me hides

6. BWX

BWX get out and ride

It really is good stuff, if you do decide to use it, I bet you will be very happy with the results..

Anyway- just stay away from Arctic silver III and Arctic silver 5 because there is a chance of wrecking electronics if it gets in the wrong spot, BUT- Arctic Silver Ceramique is arguably the best NON-Conductive thermal paste there is- and it also has no chances of wrecking your expensive hardware-

READ this page- http://www.arcticsilver.com/instructions.htm

It is a really good guide to the differences and uses of these kinds of products.
    Good luck!

7. dorkz

[​IMG]

Is this what it does to your CPU? I'm gna read up on it anywayz and make my own mind up. I'm @ college atm spose to be doing work. :evil:

8. BWX

BWX get out and ride

No- it doesn't break your CPU- that's just a pic to show where the core is under the cap on a P4 type chip.

looks just like an AMD whithout the mini sink on there-

9. craig588

craig588 Banned

but iof you felt like doing that to a P4 you would get much better cooling results. The heatspeader basicly protects you from crushing the core. Core crushage isnt really a problem unless you have absoutely no idea what your doing. I have had a CPU fall chip down from off of a table, and it still worked perfectly fine.

I have removed the heatspeader from one CPU (My 2.4C testing chip) I used either laquer thinner or acetone, I cant remember which, after I let it soak overnight it was easy to just put the heatspreader in a vice and twist the bottom half of the chip off.

10. KiwiRack

KiwiRack New Member

Fun, right!

Artic is for experts, Ceramique is for everyone:D

I went back to the beginning of this thread -Retail always comes with that throw away pad:uhoh: It's fine @ stock {Barely}, but try just a wee tweak & it's burn City!

Now you have to take it down, clean it off & apply the right stuff; unless you leave it @ stock....But, but your temps were so high it looks like nothing is under the HS.

Cheers

11. BWX

BWX get out and ride

Re: Fun, right!

true true- But I used to use AS3 and now use AS ceramique just for ease of use- and because it's just less to worry about. plus I actually got better temps with ceramiuqe- go figure.

12. WyreTheWolf

WyreTheWolf Wolfish Bastard

The secret is to get as thin of a layer as you can...

If the layer is too thick, it will start to actually insulate the core from the HSF, rather than helping to transfer heat.

BUT... it has to be fairly thick, and uneven to cause that to happen. The stock TIM (rubbery stuff) kind of sux0rs.

Ceramique is safer, and gives temps that are so close to AS3 that I have decided to continue to use Ceramique rather than AS3.....

better for graphics cards anyway :)

13. medic_UK

medic_UK New Member

When I encountered a problem similar to this, I found that a 4lb. lump hammer with a 2in. bolster chisel worked perfectly.One or two bits shot off but it seemed none the worse for it, and of course, it now knows who's in charge!!

14. WyreTheWolf

WyreTheWolf Wolfish Bastard

that had to have been a joke.

15. KiwiRack

KiwiRack New Member

Re: Re: Fun, right!

Agree :D

16. Warpy

Warpy Well-Known Member

HUH!?? :duh: