9600 AIW Pro WDM issues.

Discussion in 'AMD Graphics Cards' started by anyuser, Apr 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dragon-fly

dragon-fly New Member

well, the via drivers didnt work.

2. 34ford

34ford New Member

Hum, I haven't had a chance to work on this issue lately , but I wanted to say that my mb is a Asus av133 with a AMD 1.2mhz Duron.

Could this be a mb issue?

I wished I had another system to try this card in.

3. dragon-fly

dragon-fly New Member

maybe taht 1.2 mhz duron is to blame... its so slow... i mean, i at least have a 1.1Ghz thunderbird. lol. (meant that 1.2mhz is not 1.2 ghz) oh and i was thinking that maybe it is the motherboard's fault as well. Except that in my case it wouldnt make much sense as i have the northbridge and south bridge fitted with extra cooling. maybe it was the fact that my 3.3 volt line was runing at 3.56 volts or something, but i really doubt it. i do think its most probably the drivers that are badly coded by ati... using an older version of the drivers gets rid of my tv tuner's code 10 status, however it didnt fix the 3 others.

4. Dyre Straits

Dyre Straits 10 Grandkids -1 Great-grandson-and one in the oven

dragon-fly:

Have you tried going into Safemode, then going to Device Manager, then selecting those items that are flagged and doing an Update Driver from there?

To do this, just make sure you point to the ATI folder and then the Support sub-folder and select the file where the WDM drivers are located. It seems that I had to do this once on another system and it worked for me on that one.

5. dragon-fly

dragon-fly New Member

yeah, i tried, but the items dont even show up in device manager in safe mode. i guess they really meant absolute minimum and capture cards arent part of absolute minimum....

6. Dyre Straits

You might have to set your file view to show hidden and system files.

I've never had a problem installing from Safemode. You can simply go to the ATI Support folder and select the files manually. But, if you're allowing them to be hidden, that might be what you're dealing with.

7. dragon-fly

dragon-fly New Member

what i meant was that the device, the actual video card capture components in device manager, does not show up. bare minimum means limited functionality and windows does not load capture card drivers, hence it does not recognize it, therefore i canot update driver even if i know where the file it and can access it easily.

8. Dyre Straits

OK, I did misread your post.

9. 34ford

34ford New Member

I meant to say I have a Asus A7V 133 mb.

Anyway, I need to try the safemode route sometime. Thing is, this card worked fine then it slowly got to where I had to load wdm drivers and it would randomly work.

Now nuten. I still want to try another mb sometime. I may take a hd and this card to a friend and see how it works.

If it works on his machine I may sell the damn thing.

10. dragon-fly

dragon-fly New Member

11. grog

grog Roxy Music

You said the VIA drivers did not work.

Could you be more specific.

Run DxDiag from the command line and report if full acceleration is seen or not.

If your card is not accelerated do to lack of Motherboard specific AGP drivers it may explain the issue.

Greg

12. dragon-fly

dragon-fly New Member

direct x works fully, no problems, full acceleration, everything works pefectly fine (in games) EXCEPT for the capture function of the card. the drivers did not work as in they didnt change anything to the situation, not better, not worse, just nada.

13. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

Have you used driver cleaner and also tried the 5.4's? IMO the 5.4's are better for AiW cards. 5.7 better fix these issues eh?

14. 34ford

34ford New Member

I have a new Asus m/b coming thursday so I am going to see if that has any impact on fixing these wdm issues.

If not whats the chances of the newer AIW cards having the same problem as this 9600 AIW?

Or who makes a card that has these features. I thought about just selling this one and buying a ATI non AIW card and also the Turtle Beach Video Advantage PCI card. It just dont have tv.

15. EOT1

EOT1 New Member

Hello,

I have been following this thread because I too get the "the device cannot start (code 10)" error in relation to the ATI WDM TV Audio Crossbar.

I have the older Radeon 8500DV card. It worked for the longest time, then one day just stopped.

I have unistalled the drivers, then reinstalled them. Didnt work
    I have removed all ATI items in the "Sound, Video and game Controllers" tab in the device manager, then installed "tv-capture-wdm-6-14-10-6246v3". Didnt work
    I have formatted my hard drive and reinstalled XP. Didnt work
    I even installed XP on a different hard drive in the event the drivers werent being deleted. Didnt work
    I tried installing the original software that came with the card on a clean XP install. Didnt work
    I built a new system with a different motherboard. didnt fix the problem.

I read someone earlier say something about flashing the video card bios? I have never done this or know how to do this. Can anyone explain this procedure?

System:
    AMD Athlon 2800+
    Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro2 rev. 2
    1gig pc3200 RAM
    ATI AIW Radeon 8500DV
    Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro
    Sony DRU400 DVD-RW

This has me to my wits end. My card is still under warranty and I am about to send it in as defective.

I am wondering if the problems are related to Directx? I have the latest 9.0c installed.

thanks in advance for any help.

16. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

About the same. Its a luck of the draw thing...for some people it works for others it doesn't, it seems :sigh:

17. 34ford

34ford New Member

Finally fixed those wdm problems, dammit

Well I finally fixed mine:w00t: Took $280 to do it but all I can say is my AIW has no explanation marks in the device manager!

So it had to be something relating to my motherboard. I went from a Asus A7V133 1.2 gig duron to a Asus A7V600+ 2800+ gig opteron. Plus now I have usb2.0

So now I can record those shows off of my DVR and those VHS movies the wife keeps bugging me about. After all, I gotta justify the new costs.

18. H3X4D3C1M4L

H3X4D3C1M4L New Member

Why'd you get the Opteron, out of curiosity? I'd have thought that a straight A64 would have been better, Opteron's require registered RAM and A64's don't...

19. k800

k800 New Member

I have the EXACT same problem as the original poster, and also cannot get it fixed. I've tried to put the card in my other machine but it doesn't work in either computer, the computers have completely different hardware too. Except in my case, the card NEVER worked, as soon as I first installed it, it had that problem.

Here's a link to my thread in the rage3d forums, pls read if u can:
    http://www.rage3d.com/board/showthread.php?p=1333793588

Anyone have any ideas or was able to fix it? I might RMA and see what happends, but that will take the entire summmer =/

20. dragon-fly

dragon-fly New Member

guys, when the one day it stoped workign happened, did you change any setting in the bios? because it could be that. well, this problem is very odd because if its not the bios, what the hell is it. i mean, even my long list of what ive done didnt fix this problem and my card was working before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.