OK let me start by saying I absolutely love Windows Vista, but I found a flaw in their activation system (big surprise). The basic concept of the activation is that after initial activation your computer can run until X number of changes occur in X months to your hardware. Well there in lies the problem. I haven't changed any internal pieces of hardware. All I've done is plugin and unplug my USB devices god knows how many times and updated device drivers. I'm certain it wasn't my USB devices or I'd have to activate weekly. I think it all stems from my device driver updates. Normally you won't update your drivers enough to trigger this but as Vista is new with a new driver schema manufacturers are providing lots of driver updates. I update my ATI graphics drivers monthly and pull the latest drivers for everything else off of Windows Update. Well 3 days ago I updated my SATA drivers off Windows Update and then when I rebooted and went to update my Windows Experience rating (4.9... stupid CPU) I looked at the bottom and it said I had 3 days to activate windows. I figured WTF and went to reactivate... nope refused. Waited a day... nope. Waited another day... nope. So finally I broke down and called Microsoft. I was greeted with an automated machine that I had to speak 9 groups of 6 numbers to. It then tried to activate for me again. This failed as I expected, so I was put on hold for a support agent. A few minutes later I'm greeted by an Indian woman who thankfully didn't have a thick accent so I had little trouble communicating with her. I had to repeat the first six digits to her to verify she had the right call and data on her screen (I guess anyways). She then asked if this was the first activation or not, which I replied it wasn't. She then asked if I had installed it on any other computers, which I truthfully told her I hadn't. She then had me type in 9 sets of 6 numbers to reactivate my system. It took a few seconds to process, but it worked, she wished me a nice day and that was the end of it. In all it took around 5 minutes on the phone, 5 minutes I shouldn't have had to waste. All I know is Microsoft better patch this if it was indeed device drivers triggering the hardware count. I know for a fact nothing had changed inside of my case.