All I want is to be able to access Creative Speaker Settings

Discussion in 'PAX Download - Audigy Series' started by arredondo, Nov 15, 2011.

1. arredondo

arredondo New Member

I've been pulling my hair out for many hours trying to solve this problem.

I have a Audigy SE soundcard and my new rig is a Win7 64-bit OS system. The old machine (also a Win7 64-bit system) had the sound card working perfectly, but I don't remember how I got it to work. I want 5.1 multi-channel surround sound, and all my cables/speakers work fine as they are the same as before.

Official drivers work fine. I've gotten drivers from 2005 (the included CD), 2007 and 2009 (Creative website and Win 7 auto update). I am able to hear all five satellite speakers with these drivers.

The problem is, my subwoofer doesn't work right unless the Creative Speaker Setting program is properly installed, but I can't do it.

I've done everything I could think of. I always clean out all traces of Creative's software before new installs (including the registry), I tried installing the suite from my CD, from the official website (including the Win7 updated pack), I've even tried the PAX files (1.50, 2.60 and the new 3.00). Nothing works.

The files from the Creative site will install, but when I try to open the Speaker program (or any of the other Creative audio programs) it gives a red X error message saying the sound card can not be found (even though I can see it with drivers installed under Devices and it works).

I tried to install both of the PAX All-OS packs, but after clicking setup I select my language and then it gives me the same red X message - it doesn't see my Audigy card to install new drivers, let alone to install the Creative Speaker program (old drivers are uninstalled). I can't even access the option to try.

Please help. This is so frustrating. I am using my Radeon graphic card for HDMI audio right now, but I want to use multi-channel on the Audigy instead like I used to do because of the way I have my entertainment room setup. If I could just get to the bass management section of the Creative Speaker program, I'd be very grateful. Thanks in advance!

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011
  2. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

3. arredondo

arredondo New Member

Yes (I mentioned them in my post). I can only go as far as to say I speak English then I get the red X error message saying it can't detect a compatible card.

4. Robert McClelland

Robert McClelland I'm An Uncle for 2nd time Staff Member

oh sorry if I missread posted see you got audigy se lol I will updated audigy se card soon after the newer tweaks pass on other people :)

5. MacGear

MacGear New Member

I have the same problem too. Audigy 4 OEM card and I can't make my sub work properly. There are no tools to set up it except standart creative's audio console. What's the point of using modified drivers then? OK there are possibly some improvements under the hood (though I haven't noticed some yet), but why there aren't any additional tools? Audio Suite doesn't work with Audigy 4.
    Daniel's old driver had at least a speaker setup and some others. But crossover there doesn't work in games, that's the problem.