AMD 2600XP Mobile OverClock

Discussion in 'Overclocking, Benching & Modding' started by jeffro29, Oct 16, 2004.

1. jeffro29

jeffro29 New Member

I have a 2600xp mobile and i have it at 2607 with a voltage of 1.875 in the bios and the mother board is a NF7-S 2.0 version The ram is Kingston Hyper X Pc 3500 running at 416 with a voltage of 2.9 The chip set is set to its max in the bios. I was wondering if this is a good overclock it's stable played call of duty for 2 hours and the highest recorded temp was 46c at load idle it's 38c. But the 12 volt line would drop to 11.92 and the 5.00 volt would drop to 4.98 is this to low. So far it's a stable system i was wondering what all of you people have to say need your feed back.

2. markus82

markus82 New Member

I think it`s a very good overclock, but 1.875 core and 2.9 memory are very high voltages.

3. CrapolaJola

CrapolaJola The Great DaK

Pretty nice overclock ya got there, what heatsink/fan you using with it? Also I suggest trying tictac's modded bios for your board if you're willing to try flashing a bios.

4. jeffro29

jeffro29 New Member

I have a swifttec all copper heatsink and a 80mm tornado fan and a swifttec chipset heatsink combo thats all copper also. I'm afraid to raise it further because of the voltages i'm at right now it'll probably go further but i don't know if i want to try it. That bios you mentioned i dont know how to flash the bios through a floppy i've allways done it through abits one click update. But i'll try to go higher.........

5. MicroAMD

MicroAMD New Member

use Tictac bios mod. it will improve your O/C and stability more. you can as well update it from flasmenu, just simply open the .bin file i think it is, then your set. oh yeah Try biod D26 MantaRay XT CPC on, then try CPC off.

6. Matt Woller

Matt Woller New Member

Nice... a friend of mine has a 2500+ Mobile (45w) that does 2553 at 2.125 VCore on a 440-ish FSB. It also does 2.6, but obviously it's being topped out... If you push some more voltage to your processor, I bet it'd do 2.7+. Also, if you use TicTac's BIOS, be sure to set the 5th RAM timing (2-2-2-5-1T, for example, with the 1 being the 5th) to "2", as it increases OCability a crapload.

***EDIT***

Also, try the codered BIOS (search "codered" on Google), as it has been known to do some decent OCing.

7. CrapolaJola

CrapolaJola The Great DaK

Matt tell your friend to redo his overclock. 2.125 VCore is WAY high for an AXP unless your aboslutely extreme cooling. Tell him to decrease the voltage tills it becomes unstable then go back up a notch, or if that still has high voltage lower the OC. Also keep the 1T timing if possible as 1T with a lower FSB will beat 2T with a high fsb the majority of the time unless the 2T has a way higehr fsb.

8. [hobo]eclipse

[hobo]eclipse ...just bummin 'round

im not to keen on the voltage side (wat is too much 4 the rails n such), but maybe try baking off the multipier a bit n upin yer FSB, 418 ist even wat the Hyper X 3500 is rated @ is it?? could be wrong, check my sig 4 my specs, my temps never go over 45/50 after running F@H for hrs, stressed this thing left n right n never crashed em out, impretty sure if you bak down yer mgz you wont need as much volts n higher FSB is better anyways!

question: does any one know if fsb affects the voltage or is it only really the the end resault in the amount of Mghz that the voltage needs?

Ex: would 220*10=2200 Mghz require the same voltages or more/less than say, 200*11=2200?